market research analyst

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by purnima, Oct 10, 2009.

1. purnima

purnima
    uix_expand uix_collapse

do we need certification for market research analysis, i had worked as a market research analyst earlier now i need a change of firm but i have no certification,what shall i do..?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You don't need certification for all Market Research jobs, but it does help. Have you considered doing a part time course in Marketing or Market Research?

3. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Market research is a huge area and an area that trust is very important. You need to start small. Make some online surveys and get people on social networking sites or forums to complete them. Then take time to really do some in-depth analysis of the results and send them out to everyone. This gives you some reference points for some of the larger market research companies and journalists to trust your work.

4. stevebarnard

stevebarnard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Purnima,

To supplement your experience you definitely need to get certified. Nowadays you can get online certificates from various online degree providers like education-portal.com/online_degree.html etc.

During the certification, you should do some independent work to increase your business skills.

5. macomb

macomb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

get people on social networking sites or forums to complete them. Then take time to really do some in-depth analysis of the results and send them out to everyone. This gives you some reference points for some of the larger market research companies and journalists to trust your work

6. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Start from small things first. Just relax and you'll get there. Researching will improve your skills too and your position will follow.