Many ways to start a business online

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by sunoy14, Feb 19, 2015.

1. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi.
    I just thought that many new online business enthusiasts don't know how to start a business online and could do with a little guide. So here I am posting a few ways to start a business online. Hope it helps :)

1. Ecommerce Store
    Ecommerce stores are websites that act as an online virtual store. You list all your products in categories and display the products in a category in thumbnails with pictures and description. An example of an ecommerce store is Amazon. You can sell products from your ecommerce store.

There are lots of readymade applications for easy installation of an ecommerce store. You do not need to know how to code.

2. Drop shipping
    Drop shipping is a kind of business where you sell products for a company and pay only when a customer makes an order. You do not have to pay your provider beforehand. And you do not need to keep an inventory or a warehouse for the products. The provider will store all the products in their own warehouse.

You just sign up to a company that offers drop shipping, list the items you want to sell in your ecommerce website at a little higher price than the list price, and start marketing.

When a customer orders one of your listed items and pays, you send the original product list price amount to your provider along with the customer order details and you keep the remaining profit. Your provider sends the product to your customer as your company brand.
    That's it! You may join a drop shipping and wholesale directory like SaleHoo to find legitimate drop shippers. The salehoo team screens and keeps only the genuine drop shippers and wholesalers in their directory.

3. Selling affiliate products or services
    You can join affiliate networks like ClickBank or Commission Junction and become an affiliate. Once you join there as an affiliate, you can find lots of vendors selling various products and services.

You can then select the products or services that are selling hot and grab your unique affiliate link. After that, you can write reviews of those products or services in your website or blog and then include your affiliate link somewhere within the review post. When someone clicks on your affiliate link and makes a purchase, you get a certain amount as commission. Many vendors offer very high amounts of commissions which can range up to 90%.

4. Selling your own products and services.
    You can also create your own products or services and sell them on your own website or on marketplaces like Amazon, Ebay or Etsy. If you sell your own products through your own website, you can even start your own private affiliates and pay a certain commission to people who refer sales to you. You can find lots of people willing to join your affiliate program and sell for you at ClickBank or CJ.

5. Freelancing
    You can join freelance websites like freelancer. There are lots of people looking for others who can do their jobs. You can bid for the job and if selected, do their jobs and charge them for your work.

6. Sell on Fiverr
    Fiverr is a marketplace where everything is done for $5. You can join Fiverr and start selling your service for $5. Since the amount charged is very low, there are lots of people going to Fiverr to get their jobs done. Logo and designs are especially popular.

7. Google Adsense and other advertising networks
    Google Adsense is an advertising network run by Google. Advertisers pay Google money to get their business advertise and Google pays you to publish the ads on your website. The pay varies from location to location and also according to the niche. Google Adsense is a mix of CPC and CPM.

CPC means cost per click. Google will pay you a certain amount every time someone clicks on your ads.

CPM means cost per thousand. Google will pay you a certain amount every time an ad gets viewed 1000 times.

Good Luck!!

#1 sunoy14, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  2. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Awesome plans being defined here. I liked mostly the last one Google adsense. One of the best option in terms of adsense is blogging. The content gets updated on a regular basis going with which there is no need to do more SEO. And the visitors keep on coming onto the website.

3. atlantisrocks

atlantisrocks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are good options for developing an online business. But, setting up your business is just a first step.

Perhaps a followup article would be appropriate to describe the top ways to drive targeted traffic to your online business. For example, it's very easy to set up a niche site with Amazon products. The hard part is to overcome the competition and and get paying customers to visit your site. Your second article could explain how to do this.

4. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes adsense is a nice way to earn. And blogging is one of the best ways to gain traffic. They are better for SEO since they are updated regularly and the interlink system of blogs is way better than static pages for SEO. But it is still advisable to do some work for better SEO - like getting plenty of social shares (since google's updates say that social share count is taken under consideration for ranking). You can also interlink your posts manually for better SEO or at the least for directing your readers to more contents :)

Yes the driving traffic part and conversions is a crucial part of any business. I'll post some guide in the coming days. Thanks for reading :)

• Like Like x 1
    #4 sunoy14, Feb 20, 2015
  5. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really great article and like someone mentioned a follow up on how to drive traffic would be another great addition as well. Also I would like to know more about Google Adsense...like for example if I start a blog what is the minimum amount of traffic I need before I get approved or other things...another article on Adsense explaining more about it would be awesome as well.

6. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm glad that it was of some help to you :)
    I have been trying to post another one on how to promote your website. But somehow it isn't getting approved. Sorry about that. I'll keep trying :)

7. MattPel

MattPel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't forget about offering online software! Cloud-computing is really starting to be mainstream now.

8. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes online softwares can be a great product to sell if it is of good use :)

#8 sunoy14, Feb 27, 2015
  9. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All those businesses listed are really easy to set up..the only problem is making them work...because a lot of time and effort not forgetting money is still required..for them. Currently I am thinking about setting up an E-commerce website of my own problem is...buying the products and everything will still cost me a fortune..and since these products are very low priced..shipping might get affected too...if people don't order over a certain amount.

10. brickshazel

brickshazel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the most important internet marketing strategies is to develop every customer's lifetime value.

11. nidhisharma091

nidhisharma091
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Among them ,i find freelancer a very good business,that you can do online sitting at home.

12. AK Sharma

AK Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing such a great list.. You will find lot of businesses that you can choose to earn money but only thing you need is right business idea. The business which you will find to be profitable these days is travel niche.Travel affiliate business is the best online business for those who look to start by spending just few dollars. The concept behind this business is that you can earn money in the form of commission from hotel owners, flight tickets, cruises and everyone associated with the travel business.You can consult with Travelerrr if you are interested to run your travel business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. coupondaddy

coupondaddy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We're doing Affiliate marketing for various online shopping portals in India. Quite a pain, I must say but then you're learning something.

14. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. running a business has never been easy and you need to put in effort, money and time. Those who say you can earn money in sleep, etc, etc are just trying to sell something to you :D
    If you do not want to spend a fortune on buying inventory, you try dropshipping. You won't have to purchase the products beforehand. You just sign up to a reliable dropshipper and then list the items you want to sell on your own website. When someone purchases, you pay actual product price to the dropshipper and you keep the rest of the money :)
    Good Luck.

Yes. I agree with that. Customers are king :D

Yes freelancer is a good way of making some money from internet. And there is no upfront cost in it. You might not find lots of customers at first but once you have established a little, it's all good :)
    Thanks for reading.

Thanks for reading and I'm glad you liked the post :)
    Yes travel niche can be a great niche to join as affiliate or as a business of your own. In fact I myself have been drawn a lot to travel niche.
    Maybe someday I will work with travel businesses in some related ways too :)

Exactly. It can be hard and you can go through a lot of self doubts and frustrations at times. But you still are learning a lot and once you have learned enough and your business grows over time, things will get a lot easier and easier. You've got a great attitude towards the process.
    If business was an easy path, everyone would be rich. There would be nothing to be proud of anymore :D

Thanks for reading guys and wish you all the prosperities :)

15. ElenaWatson

ElenaWatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice post! These are really great tips to start your business in an effective way. I really like the google adsense tip which is the best way to earn from your business. Even blogging and content marketing is also an effective technique to drive traffic to your e-commerce store.

16. Grover Nott

Grover Nott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I agree this internet marketing tips that you gave and suggested can make online businesses a great success. But just to add some information, nowadays people in the internet marketing discovers different strategies and methods on how they will know their business, like for example in hotels, there is hotel internet marketing where in your business will be popular in the internet community. Also there are social media marketing and email marketing where your company’s social media accounts can also be known to the public and as well as your email. This strategy can lead to success for your business in the future.

17. JPMaroney

JPMaroney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am planning to start an online business. I am really searching for this wonderful tips. It's a good thing that I browse your post. I will use this guidelines definitely. Thank you for sharing.

18. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am in the online industry for years now and I definitely agree with all the ways to start a business. We can definitely start a business today and there's no excuse not to try. Money is not a problem anymore. We can start with a small capital .

19. Richard Johnson

Richard Johnson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice ideas to start business online. Blogging is also a good way to earn money online. If you enjoy writing, find a topic you’re passionate about and start a website dedicated to covering that topic and anything else interesting you want to talk about. All you need is a computer, some time, and some energy to consistently write. It can start as a hobby and turn into a business over time.

20. couponfayda

couponfayda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice tips to start business online.