Manufacturing Software - Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Apps & Software' started by aeandcpi, Dec 17, 2012.

1. aeandcpi

aeandcpi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    I'm an employee of a manufacturing company and it's subsidiary, we employ about 25 people and I've been tasked with finding a replacement to our very outdated DBA Manufacturing Software from 1997. I haven't had much luck finding any good resources on Google, and I'm hoping someone with experience can help me out or at least point me in the right direction. We need to be able to run two companies from our software, which is something our old software let us do.

Our needs are fairly standard, Sales Orders & Works Orders, Purchase Orders, Shipping & Receiving, Inventory, Invoicing, Accounts Payable, Bill of Materials & Routing. Payroll is not needed, we have that done externally. We are looking for an inexpensive alternative, I haven't been giving a budget and instead was asked to see what something like this would cost. We're trying to avoid going with DBA Next-Gen, since we think there could be better software our there and because they now require a separate license for each company regardless of it's affiliation.

If someone could help me understand what's out there, or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum aeandcpi, thanks for joining.

Sounds like your company might be approaching a level where you could soon benefit from ERP software. Is that something you have looked at? ERP systems can be hugely expensive, not just to purchase but to set up and implement into your business environment. OpenBravo, openbravo.com, is a free open source ERP solution that might be worth a look. There would still be implementation and maintenance costs, but you don't have to pay an upfront fee to purchase the software.