BAF Review Managing Online Forums by Patrick O'Keefe

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Managing Online Forums by Patrick O'Keefe is an excellent book that all forum owners should read. The book gives the reader a most informative overview of everything involved in all stages of setting up and managing an online forum. A broad range of topics are covered including;

• Forum software
    • Setting up and launching your forum
    • Writing forum guidelines
    • Controlling spam
    • Forum marketing and promotion
    • Managing members and moderators
    • Dealing with problem members
    • Stimulating and maintaining interesting discussion
    • Promoting your forum site
    • And how to make money from your forum.
    The book gave me loads of inspiring ideas and tips on how to better run a forum and I've already put many of these ideas into practice on the forums I own. Implementation of the recommendations included in the book, has already helped me to manage my forums better and to save time on the many and varied tasks involved with managing a forum.

A few of the concepts presented may not suit my individual forums, but even those concepts gave me a lot to think about and provided useful reminders of the aspects of forum management that need attention.

I've no hesitation in saying that if you own a forum, you should buy this book. It is easy to read, written in plain English and it is most interesting to read about the stuff you will be spending your time on if you are launching or managing a forum. This book will benefit newcomers and experienced forum owners alike.

You can view the book website at www.managingonlineforums.com and you can also purchase the book from there.

2. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for those reviews realitybites.in. I really don't use YouTube as much as I should, there is some great content there. Personally I had never before considered looking for book reviews on YouTube.

4. Patrick

Patrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book, Fergal. I really appreciate it and it means a lot to me that you enjoyed it so much. You really captured what I was going for, i.e. even if you don't agree with everything, my hope is that it gives you something to think about. :)

Thank you for your support, as well, realitybites.in. :) I appreciate appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Patrick

5. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you tube is really good source for getting knowledge and promoting stuff

you tube contain both junk as well as really helpful stuff

@Patrick
    thankes

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for joining and for posting your comments Patrick. I hope the book continues to be a great success for you.

7. Patrick

Patrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the kind words and support. I appreciate it and it's my pleasure to join. :) Looks like you're doing a great job, Fergal!

Patrick

8. Zicas22

Zicas22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the great information it really hepls thnx guys for the effort

9. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just started reading and so far can only say this is a great read, thanks Patrick.

I will certainly be using the advice over the coming months to get my forum going.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Glad your enjoying the book and I wish you every success with your new forum. We'd be delighted to give you any advice, suggestions or reviews we can, in our Online Business forum.

11. Patrick

Patrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Excellent, thank you Mr. Stevens. I'm really happy to hear that and would love to hear your thoughts once you've finished.

Sincerely,

Patrick