Managementcite.com Review needed.

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by harisjmi, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harisjmi

harisjmi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear Members I need your views on this site...

We are a free web service aimed at providing you with the best of management practices and happenings. Managementcite is a great online source of knowledge and fun for all. It's like a platform where you will have fun, learn, share & grow constantly.

http://managementcite.com

Warm Regards,

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

harisjmi the first thing your site needs is more content. First time visitors are very reluctant to join an empty forum because there is nothing of value for them there. You will need to consider ways of getting some posts into the forum - such as post exchanges, getting contacts to post or even paying for posts.

In a similar vain, you have too many forum sections for a new forum - this makes your site look even more empty and inactive. It would help if you merged some of those sections and then separate them out again when you are busier.

I'd also suggest removing the "Board Is Installed And Ready" bar, it looks a little unprofessional.

By the way, what forum software are you using?

3. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah i second what fergal said on the 1st point, your forum is too empty and most people will not join it. And yeah you can do post exchanges or paid posting from someone else. Join as many promotion forums as you get to get your forum going. Join this forum - http://forumpromotion.net/ you can get many exchanges within a day and you can also use the forum virtual cash called "FP Cash" to ask people to post on your forum for a certain amount of FP Cash instead of real money.

May i know also what's your forum niche? It is an general chat forum on management?

@Fergal, i think it is Mybb if i am not wrong.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think everything that's needed to be changed are already been said.
    I will just already add that you need to change the color of the texts that goes: Forum Contains New Posts and others included on that part.
    With that text color, it's hard to read unless you put your eyes near your monitor.

To get some content, you could hire forum posters from DP or in here. Just post your advertisement on the Marketplace Section and wait til someone gets interested to post on your forum. Rates per post is normally from 10 to 15 cents depending on what quality of post you would like them to contribute.

Good Luck with it!:thumbsup:

5. harisjmi

harisjmi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thankyou everyone for your suggestions and views.... I agree that forum is quite empty as its just been launched and i have just started posting some content.
    @ Fergal the software is Mybb.
    @ 50Cent...ya its based on management and its subjects.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

7. JamesMonroe

JamesMonroe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

your site is looking good and nice but more improvement is remain

8. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, though I agree with the comments above on content, I do think you have a simple clean design that appeals.

I dont really understand why you are mixing French and English. Its confusing. The menus combine both. Who are you targeting?

The purpose of the forum itself is not clear. When I arrive I want to know I am in the right place. A subheader on the logo would help. Compare with this BAF forum. As soon as you see the header you know the forum is about.

Good luck with it. Its tough work to develop a successful forum and especially to get the critical mass to make it really take off.

9. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The red "welcome" bar at the top of the page isn't in keeping with the rest of the site. I'd drop that and instead replace it with the standard light grey background (#EFEFEF - including the standard forum borders etc.) and place in more descriptive text outlining the aim/function of the site.

Totally agree with mv5869 regarding the use of French on the site. It's an 'all or nothing' thing. If you wish to appeal to the English speaking market, remove the French content. If you wish to provide an area for the French speaking users in addition to targeting the English speaking users, provide a separate area with a clear distinction between the two (i.e. not using French in the menu's and for a main introduction thread in an otherwise English section).

With any forum, the success or failure will be entirely dependant on the quality of the users you can attract. If visitors don't see valuable content and think they can benefit from being there, they'll leave. You need to focus on (aside from simply getting a high volume of users, which helps) getting the right users to the site. You can take simple steps (e.g. a focused ad campaign on something like linkedin focused on members of a PMI group [just a random example, not a specific suggestion]) to try and achieve this, but it's vital to the long term success of the venture (in other words, you need clear direction from managment :p).

10. harisjmi

harisjmi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks mv5869 & PaulPinnacle ..your comments are valuable.
    As for french i just wanted to be innovative..but i can see i m wrong.
    Yes i am still short with good posters ...will see how things work as i have many other things to look after...but as for your suggestions i will certainty do the modification.

11. killer457

killer457
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your website look perfect but more improvement is remain.

12. Grey Brother

Grey Brother
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The website look perfect and awesome. Good job men!

13. Claire Trivium

Claire Trivium
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think the link works. It brings to a blank page. :(

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I don't think the site exists anymore. I could not connect to it, and according to Whois, the domain is for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.