Making sure your employees are happy & comfy

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Andym, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have an experience to share with my fellow forum members.

Employees contributes a major share in the companies success & failure. I learned this, from mistakes made by one of my friend, who runs a small company of 30 employees, where he provide website & digital media services.

It is important that you Select the right & deserving candidates, treat them as your friend, build a friendly office culture, understand their needs, communicate with them regularly and most importantly don't be partial. These are some fundamentals that my friend failed to consider and which cost him a severe downfall.

Therefore make sure you conceive these key fundamentals that can help your business become strong and survive long!

I hope this topic will be helpful for the readers. You can contribute if you have a similar experience or a similar idea to share with us.

2. Klaus

Klaus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Service Supply Chain

There's a thing called the Service Supply Chain - essentially, a happy workforce provides happy service (internal [work] and external [customers]) which in turn provides happy returns. It's a loop.

There are other ways of doing this - for example, intrinsic motivational techniques dictate that assigning people to projects that meet requirements on certain levels (challenge, movement towards the Ideal-Self etc) will also help.

This is a huge field.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Richard Branson advocates putting your employees first, even placing more importance on them than you do on your customers. His view is that if your employees are happy and motivated in their jobs, they will take good care of your customers, which is obviously vital for your business.

4. sallya121

sallya121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I agree with you .Employees are important and they create profit for company.If the boss can treat employees well ,then they will not leave your company and are happy to work for your company.

5. phpadmin

phpadmin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

welcome

i agreee with this reply

6. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interesting way to do business, that sounds like it could actually work.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It seems to have worked for Richard Branson :) His view is different from the more popular putting the customer first view.

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal. Some businesses forget the importance of their own employees than their clients. You see, when you tend to give importance to your employees, make a sense of culture within their environment, the probability the your employees will be more productive and business-goal oriented is high. They too will tend to protect the business and company making sure the credibility of the company stays, and that they are eager to look for more clients that are interested on either investing or partnering with the company.

9. hally

hally
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree that all depends on the boss. Because he creates conditions for work and nobody else. If his employees like their job and moral situation in an office, they will go for a work with a great pleasure!!! A man, who likes his business, will do everything to make it the most successful.

#9 hally, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012