Making Some Money Out Of My Site?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by KMRock, Oct 13, 2009.

1. KMRock

KMRock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One suggestion first. When I enter the link you have posted, it brings me to a page with a very large image that takes time to load and needs some scrolling to view it whole. I suggest that you should make the image smaller so that the page will not scroll and decrease the file size. Or you can slice that into bits of images so that it will load faster.

Regarding what you asked about making money with it, you can put some ads on it. And once your site gets a higher traffic, you can sell links on the first page of your site for advertising.

3. KMRock

KMRock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice suggestions. I am kind of looking for more innovative ways to earn some cash though.

Thanks for the start page help!

4. cuteguy

cuteguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen your site and it is really good. If i may suggest increase the number of members and get some investors in the site, just like posting some links,have advertising in your site

5. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

The forum is good but as suggested by GekiDan, you should do something of it. You can redirect also, it would be easy for anyone to get redirected rather then clicking on anything.

The forum is still new so first you should think of making it heavy and then money will automatically roll into.

You can place adsense there for now if you want some money to made from it but you won't earn big from it.

6. KMRock

KMRock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Okay, good ideas. Anyone got ideas to boost the members and gain investors?

7. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

8. KMRock

KMRock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its a great forum that one. Thanks. Any others around like it?

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, you could ask for paid forum posters to boost up your forum's posts, information and content so that search engines will notice and crawl into your site.

10. KMRock

KMRock
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes that is always an idea. I am just needing some money at the current time...so it won't work at the moment.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Your site looks great, really professional. However, I'd also question why you require visitors to click a button to enter the forum. The design is very appealing but are you sure that all your visitors will click through? You might want to have a look at your bounce rate, in Google Analytics, if you use them.

I'd also agree that you could try Google Adsense to see how that works out for you. But your main focus at the moment should be on building and growing the community rather than making money from it. Another option you might consider is using Adsense Revenue Share, that way your members will get a share of the advertising revenue. That would have the simultaneous benefits of earning money for you and helping the forum to grow.

Have you considered promoting affiliate programmes on your site, e.g. http://www.cj.com/, http://www.clickbank.com or https://secure.hostgator.com/affiliates.shtml?

12. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Here are some important points you should keep in mind for promoting your forum:
    Source Is My Own Post but I think no one saw this post in that thread. :(

13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically you can earn through affiliate program, PPC advertising or sell banner. The three mentioned are the most common way for the forum admin to earn money. Besides, you can ask for sponsor as well, but you first need to have traffic and active member.

Your forum is good but the your homepage loading speed is too slow, this will cause you lose potential member. And it is not friendly enough for the member to go in to your forum through the home page.

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you need one to boost up your forum's content, you can contact your BAF friends including me. :D