making money with blogging

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by singam, Apr 28, 2011.

1. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

last time i had a thread about blogging and making money. i am trying to clear my confusion and putting a clear goal actually. once i have a clear goal and its realistic i will start working on that, it makes me feel good, so try to help me make my goal realistic please. so let me come to the story i have 500 quality articles, i want to post all the article when i start my blog on the first day(the reason my readers will have something to read). then i want start to do alot of online marketing to promote my blog. after a week i want to post 1 article per day continuesly. now my question is

1-can i make 1 000 USD just from advertisements in my blog? is that look possible/realistic i can achieve this within 2months? i have 500quality article, then daily will post 1article per day. can i reach 1thousand USD as steady income?

2-next is a different question. is that true some people out there can do online marketing bring close to 1million traffic?

please answer my 2questions also. thankx in advance!

#1 singam, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. Daftblogger

Daftblogger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, what are you going to blog about? This is very important as it affects conversion rates. By advertisements you mean PPC? Or sponsors? If your articles are about a niche topic, with little competition, you can earn $1000 a month with some marketing though I doubt you can achieve it in 2 months.
    The amount of traffic is important but doesn't make you any money unless it is of good quality. I strongly recommend you to try yourself as nobody can tell how much you will do with your 500 HQ articles by blogging them. You may earn $0 a month, $1000 or $10 000, there is no principle ruling out any of the possibilities. The only way to really know is to try.

P.S.: Another way of monetizing your articles would be PMing me(or any other Blog on BAF) the titles and see if I'm interested to reach a business agreement with you.

3. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

my blog is going to be about men blog. like fashion, self improvement, relationship and many more. i have 500HQ articles. and i plan to get sponsors for advertisment. do u think after 2months i will reach 1 000USD??

4. Daftblogger

Daftblogger
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It can be. Try it and let us know!

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

singam I agree with Daftblogger, no one can tell you for sure whether or not you will make that money, because there are two many variables involved. However, as others have shown it is possible to earn a lot of money from blogging, so why not give it a go? Put your best effort into it and work hard at it until you do achieve your income goal.

6. ecombiz1

ecombiz1
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

affiliate products are also a good option to earn money.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is that a new site? If yes, it could take a lot of time and effort to earn that much.
    But it's a good goal. Having that goal makes you want to work more.

Have you tried putting up Adsense on your blog?

8. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

-the 500 articles are quality, can help solve people problem.
    -my website is about men self improvement, fashion, relationship, health issues for men, financial tips (all this category in one blog, its mens blog)

why my 500quality article cannot make me earn 1000USD in third month?
    why i must put google adsence only, i want to get sponsors for my blog. i want to write 1 article per day. can i make 1000USD in 2nd month only from the advertisement revenue i make from the sponsors to advertise in my blog?

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Given that you already have the content singam, why don't you launch your blog, give it your best shot and find out by direct experience, whether or not you can make that kind of money?

10. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i agree with u fergal. i respect what u saying. but GekiDan saying "it could take a lot of time and effort to earn that much."
    so i am curious why he say so, thats all. because as i mention:

-the 500 articles are quality, can help solve people problem.
    -my website is about men self improvement, fashion, relationship, health issues for men, financial tips (all this category in one blog, its mens blog)

why my 500quality article cannot make me earn 1000USD in third month?
    why i must put google adsence only, i want to get sponsors for my blog. i want to write 1 article per day. now tell can i make 1000USD in 2nd month only from the advertisement revenue which i make from the sponsors to advertise in my blog?

i was looking for this site moderator GekiDan's thoughts on this, why he said it will take alot of time...
    thats all fergal. anyway thankx for your help man. i appreciate that and have respects for you. i think i am becoming one of the many thread reader of this website nowdays

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't believe that anyone is saying that you can't make that money in your third month singam. However, there is a lot of competition online so the money is not going to come quickly and easily. It will require a lot of hard work to build, manage and promote the blog. Basically it will be a challenge and something well worth working towards, so we encourage you to go for it and make the best of the opportunity available to you.

Again I don't believe that anyone said that. Google Adsense is a good advertising network to start out with. But of course you can sell advertising slots on your website directly to advertisers yourself, just like we do here on Business Advice Forum and just like GekiDan does on his own blog. Promoting affiliate products and services is another potential income source that you could look at, you might want to take a look at some affiliate networks such as Commission Junction.

12. jmepik

jmepik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You could simply keep blogging non-stop in different platforms... Sure, tedious, but you can make it easier with the help of software programs... If your being smart and if you add some humor, you can in that way catch attention to your site. Then you can sell ad spaces... Then you could sell your services... And you could catch more customers and potential business partners... I would recommend as a publication, data syndication software, DatSyn - its a pretty good and qualitative software...

See Ya!
    JMePik

13. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

where did you get 500 HQ articles? That's my question...

14. aapkae

aapkae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It can be. Try it and let us know!

@yanni
    why? is it so hard to get article? i have writers who deliver me more then 30 articles daily

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yanni asked about High Quality articles!

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you sure that's it's high quality?

17. getlivechat

getlivechat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes its possible but it doesn't happen in 2months. Why? u gotta start posting stuff in discussion groups n forums of course all relevant and helpful stuff for others. then u can actually pay to post in advertising forums and gotta give out ur service on free trial to some clients n get them to write about ur service...either testimonials or blogs. You can then start approaching professional Online marketing guys who are actually responsible for posting great blogs on their own blog community (Skype, yahoo) and request them to write one for you.

18. amir100

amir100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Other wise you sell some product on your blogger through online marketing with out any investment. Now a days you make a free website through word press.

19. iverson

iverson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it really can ? i have my own blog too, but i do know how to make money with my own blog.

20. Cora_A

Cora_A
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Fergal, try it out and let us know how it goes.