Making money through smartphone apps

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by sheepishwolf, Mar 10, 2013.

1. sheepishwolf

sheepishwolf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As smart phones become more and more popular, more things are becoming utilized to be browsed specifically on smartphones. Making money has become very easy on the internet.. and maybe the next easy way to earn a few bucks is from your phone.

I have tried a few different apps that allow you to watch sponsored videos, complete surveys, etc. to earn "points" that get transferred into giftcards or paypal cash. Apptrailers has worked well for me so far - in it you basically watch trailers for apps and TV shows and get points for it. I've made about 30$ from it so far. I usually keep my phone next to me while I browse the internet or do other things, and just keep clicking "play video" every time it ends to rack up tons of points.

Has anyone here tried using their smart phone to make some cash, and if so do they have any apps that they would recommend?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ashwani Kataria

Ashwani Kataria
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you suggest apps names who offers such functionality to us. so that I also gain information about these.

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about the data charges inscribed on using video services...it it positive flow of ROI....have you calculated....?

4. Interactiveonlin

Interactiveonlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that is possible to make good money in this area you need to be good programmer. If you are not I suppose that will be really hard for you to make money in this area.

5. sheepishwolf

sheepishwolf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some apps that I have heard of that offer the same or a similar functionality are Apptrailers, Checkpoints, and Featurepoints. I have tried both Apptrailers and Featurepoints, and have had better results with Apptrailers than with Featurepoints. The only reason I have not used Checkpoints yet is because I have not gotten around to it.

Most of these apps also act as a kind of Points2Shop or other survey completing site as well as a site where you get points for viewing the videos. You can get extra points for filling out surveys, downloading apps, etc.

If you do decide to try Checkpoints, use the bonus code "therealunknown" for an extra 300 points.

I only use these apps when I am connected to Wifi, and do not get any additional charges on my phone because of that. You don't have to download any of these videos, so it shouldn't require any additional space or data charges as long as you are connected to Wifi or have available internet usage on your phone.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bobby

Bobby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not to familiar with actually using your phone doing things to make money. I do know that there are people creating their own apps and making good money doing that. In the end mobile phones is just another "channel" to communicate with people. Regular phones opened up opportunity to make money, fax machines did too, the Internet, Facebook, Kindle, and here we are at mobile.

I am looking at what's worked in the past for the previous "channels" and figuring out if it can apply to phones. I am not surprised that the apps you mentioned exist, the others that worked in the past will show up on phones soon too.

Bobby

7. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks sheepishwolf for sharing this content, am downloding these 2 apps Apptrailers and Featurepoints , lets see what the result comeout , Thanks.

8. ibankmarketing

ibankmarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree that smartphone apps are a great way to make some money. iBank has recently opened a crowdfunding portal and we currently have two mobile apps up getting funding right now!