Making money by optimizing small business websites and ads

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by CherylTorrie, Oct 31, 2015.

1. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you considered social media, website and advertising site optimization as an online revenue stream? Are you doing it right now?
    The nice thing about keeping other people's websites and ads current is that you can do it when ever you want from the comfort of your own home. The businesses you support don't necessarily don't have to be local either. I'm just curious as to how many people with a strong online marketing background are successful with obtaining customers that don't have time to do their own marketing but understand its true value.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I have been a rep for a website marketing and design firm for over 8 years, and have heard a lot of horror stories from prospects who have dealt with so called "experts" who either don't know what they are doing, or take advantage of clients who are not familiar enough with website marketing to know better. Even here on BAF, some have referred to website marketing as "easy" money, encouraging those who do not have enough knowledge to pass themselves off as "experts". Optimizing someone's ads optimizing their social media and optimizing their website are three vastly different marketing methods, and anyone doing any of these has to be willing to learn the right ways to do them, and keep up with changes in the industry. If your only interest in getting into social, media, website and advertising site optimization is to make money for yourself, don't bother - there are too many "fakes, phonies and frauds" out there already.

3. Sweetkymom

Sweetkymom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While I understand the importance of the online revenue and ads to reach out for customers, there's yet to be one that's helped me! I have tried Facebook, Instagram and some gigs on FiveRR to help me advertise. I did get a few from Facebook but not many. I'm reaching out now to Craigslist and a few mom sites to see if I get anywhere. I'm not giving up hope as I'm fighting to reach a huge goal by the end of the year.

4. Kgord

Kgord
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't have the technical skills to do this. I mean it is something I could do, if someone showed me how to do it, but I am not certain that I could get the resources to be able to do this. I would like to branch out into other ways to earn money though, and this may be one of the things I could do if I had the time.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You are the perfect candidate for the type of business Cheryl was talking about, but you have to find someone who actually knows what they are doing. Too many "marketers" are in it only for the money. if you can find someone who can help you, however, they can find out why your efforts are not working, and optimize your ads so they reach the right people. You said you tried gigs on Fiverr. Did you advertise your own business on Fiverr, or try to find someone to help you? I would avoid hiring someone from a site like Fiverr, because the quality of the services, in most cases, is, to put it mildly, very low. That's also a good reason not to advertise your services on Fiverr, becaue their bad reputation will rub off on you. I've tried Craigslist in the past, and all I got was a lot of spam in my Inbox.

I'm glad to see you say you could do this "If someone showed (you) how to do it". If you are going to try this, you'll definitely want to make sure you have the proper training before starting.