Making Money Blogging: Have a Plan

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by introspectiv, Aug 16, 2015.

1. introspectiv

introspectiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I started a blog recently as a test study. The niche is dealing with women and the things that we go through in various stages in life. I have received over 1,000 visitors in 2 months. My plan is to implement 100 links to my website strictly using forums.

I am not using signature links or profile links. I am engaging in each community and leaving in the links related to the topic. So far I am 10% ways there.

I was taught back in 2010 to just worry about profile links. And, boy how stupid that was! I am getting more traffic doing what I am doing now. It is more work, but it is worth it.

I put together a plan. Now I am knocking that plan out and getting seeing more results this way. However, it does take massive action.

At this point I think that I will be training people to build up these forum accounts so that I can go in later and add the links.

This will be the best use of my time while I build the site out!

2. Sparkster

Sparkster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Focusing on just profile links would be silly unless you have built a profile as a writer and people are searching for you specifically. It's better to create links to your informative content from relevant forums and websites so that people looling for that information can find it easily and know what you blog about. Why focus solely on forums though?

3. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@Sparkster is right, why stick to just forums? What about blogs and social media too? Blog comments, in particular, are a great way to build a rapport with others and are a fine way of getting your blog name seen. Choose blogs and social media groups which are relevant to the topic of your own blog.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow. You have already made an effective plan of how you are going to manage your blog properly. I think that's a great idea. Planning ahead of time and making necessary actions to make things work. I agree with the other posters though, don't just limit yourself to forums. You have got to make the best out of the internet and social media marketing.

5. Zackiac

Zackiac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can I successfully create my own blog? Am I required to have my own website as well to do this? I enjoy talking about various subjects that may interest others online; I believe that a blog may achieve this. Moreover, why not make money from it; don't people make money from their blogs by just planting a few ads here and there on their blog?

6. Sparkster

Sparkster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would also recommend setting up a Facebook page and Twitter account, either for you as a writer or for your blog specifically. You can then post links to your content on those websites whilst also posting on forums. The more ways there are of finding your content, the more visitors you are going to get. It's also a good idea to build inbound links from high quality websites and blogs which are relevant to your niche.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

It is not necessary to have a website in order to have a blog, as the blog would actually be your website. However, it may be harder to make money from it if you write articles about "various subjects". Picking a subject and writing articles about that would not only help to define the blog, but would also make it easier to add related ads to the blog. Keep in mind that the articles, not the ads, is the main purpose of the blog, so it may take a while to make a substantial amount.

8. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I actually have a plan to launch my blog last month but I didn't pursue that direction simply because I still lack the content. What I have in mind is to compile at least 100 articles that will take care of my blog for one year - quality articles that the readers will enjoy reading. Obviously, I lack the time for now. But I had that plan because I know I can get so many readers in my circle and that my blog will earn me real money.

9. Sparkster

Sparkster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

100 posts really isn't that many and won't generate much income unless you are confident you can generate a great deal of traffic. That won't happen from SEO alone. Personally, I published 100 articles of about 1250 words each, along with images and videos and supplemental content, before I started seeing any residual income. Even then the income generated was minimal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing about SEO or ads particularly Adsense is that we don't know exactly how they rate the site with earnings, I mean how do we earn and how much. All we can do now is just to try to generate traffic to our site and new traffic is preferred, or course. But when you get no traffic, you should understand that you get no earnings. And with the length of the article, like in you case 1,250 words, there's no guarantee of earnings whether it's long or short.

11. Bruce Penningham

Bruce Penningham
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am also just starting out in my blogging business. It's important to have a working plan, I have one too. The blog is for my freelance writing. I intend to use popular revenue sharing sites like HubPages to increase my search engine rankings. I will also open a Tumblr and Reddit blog to support my blog. Facebook works well for traffic no matter what your subject is. I opened a page where I post stories about dogs- cute pics and such. People like that and after so many updates, I post at least one link to my sites.

12. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Introspectiv, I applaud you for taking the step to start your own blog. I've been sitting on the fence with ideas to get started with a blog myself. I spent a lot of hours watching Youtube video and generally searching the web for ideas and only yesterday decided to actually get started with one as a trial run of sorts. Because I did not approach it with a firm plan I ended up deleting the blog. Again I admire you and wish you all the best going forward. I think you have some great advice from the other posters that should help you going forward.

13. Richard Johnson

Richard Johnson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think Affiliate programs are by far the best way to make money blogging these days. If you are going to make any type of serious money, then you have to have a product to sell, and that is what you get with the various affiliate programs that are out there.