Making contact with Small Retailers

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by stepheny, Jan 26, 2010.

1. stepheny

stepheny
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and I'm needing some advice.

I am currently running a website that is targeted towards the small independent shop owner. I am not going to detail my website or describe what it entails as I understand that this Forum doesn't tolerate blatant self promotion.

What I'm hoping to understand from you guys is what is the best way of targeting these small independent shop owners and what is the best way of communicating with them. Do they use these Forums or Social Media sites a lot. Is there anybody on this forum that runs a small shop and can answer any of these queries.

Hope this thread is ok adminstrators.
    Thanks

2. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's very hard to tell if any shoppers use the forum or not. We need to run survey out here.

The best way to communicate with them is to run notice at your website or popular sites describing about your information. I believe some investment will be required if your site is not that popular.

However, try to keep your site very easy to eyes with the clear information on hand.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi stepheny, thanks for asking your business questions. As you are seeking help with something you are more than welcome to provide further information on your site and to post a link to it in this thread. In fact the more info you provide the more we will be able to help you. My brother is a "small independent shop owner" and I'd be delighted to help you in any way I can, if you can just provide a little more info on the services provided by your site.

Have you done any SEO for your site?

Have you picked the most relevant keywords for your site?

4. bistones

bistones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Put some advertisement and let more poeple know your business.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you any suggestions as to what type of ads to place, or what media should be used?

6. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe video advertising is worth. Youtube is one of the best site that such promotion.

7. ASAmoto

ASAmoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can use coupons to drive traffic to your business, or check your local radio to advertise your local business.