Making a living watching ads?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Rodox2, May 18, 2011.

1. Rodox2

Rodox2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys, I was roaming the web a couple days ago and I came across a website that pays people money for watching ads...the catch is that it doesn't pay you for the ads YOU watch, but rather for the ads that are watched by the people you refer to the site, (and the people they refer and so on...up to 5 levels of referrers)...they call this your "village". In order to collect 100% of the money made by your village you have to watch 140 ads weekly yourself. I thought this was really awesome cuz i've made like 5 bucks...(haha...I know, it's a little bit to be all happy about, but I just started). My question to you guys is, is it something that you think I could pursue to get a full time living by getting a good sized village?...have any of you tried any of this before?...I have fun doing it and I actually pay attention to the ads cuz you gotta rate them, plus they give me discounts on products I already use so it's all good.

if you need to get a better picture of the site i'm talking about or don't really understand what i'm talking about, you can check out the presentation video they gave me at http://www.varolo.com

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum Rodox2. I'm not familiar with that programme myself but you probably don't have much to lose by giving it a try. Have you done some research to check if other members have actually received payment from them? I see that their minimum payout is $20, which is relatively low, so if they are actually paying out you should find some testimonials from people who have actually received payment from them.

How do you plan on promoting your village and getting people to join under you?

You would be welcome to promote your affiliate link from them in our Affiliate Links & Referral ID's advertising section.

3. Rodox2

Rodox2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess the site just launched last month which is why a lot of people haven't heard of it yet probably, but the top person in the leaderboards right now started when they had the beta out and he has like 18,000 villagers already...I haven't personally reached the minimum 20 bucks yet, but I think the 5 bucks for the effort and time i've put into it is pretty good. I've researched blogs and looked for news articles and checked out their facebook and people seem to be really happy with them so I know they're paying out. So far what i've been doing to get my village up is to just talk to friends...i've done pretty good with that but it's no 18,000 lol. I actually hadn't seen that section so thanks for posting it up and I am looking forward to learning business in the online world to help promote this and see how far I can get with it

4. Grumpy

Grumpy
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Hi and welcome to BAF.

Seems like an interesting site, but not sure if it's something I'd be personally interested in. To me, it seems like a whole lot of work for something that isn't as rewarding as the time it takes should give.

5. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

agree with Grumpy. It is this multi-level-marketing thing which I do not find to be very rewarding, and also has this little scam feeling attached.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I too agree with Grumpy. I'm actually a member of the same site, but because of the small amount of money made per ad, I only view ads in my spare time, so don't always have time to view the amount of ads necessary. I am not yet willing to call it a scam, as Casey did, because too many people call something a "scam" because they are not willing to do the work, and it doesn't work for them. There is no such thing as a "free lunch", as the saying goes, and it is not possible to get something for nothing. Only after researching an opportunity and knowing what is involved can you make the decision whether or not to get involved.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rodox2

Rodox2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys for your feedback, right now I am having some (though sometimes little) success with this and am not yet willing to call it quits. I see where you guys are coming from with this because it seems like a lot work at first for not so very fast results, but I think if you are motivated enough all your work will pay off in the end. I will try to keep you guys updated on my progress and hopefully with some studying on internet marketing and stuff I can get better and see faster results.

8. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I'm afraid I don't like the sound of this either but good for you for sticking to it and giving it a chance. At least you're getting some discounts if you're not being paid much.

9. Rodox2

Rodox2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

haha, I know right....lol

10. f5mtadas

f5mtadas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is worthless and it is only waste of time for advertisers and
    these lazy watchers - they watch to earn money, not truly to test
    advertisers offer, for that reasons advertisers will stop buying ads from this
    service.

11. Rodox2

Rodox2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well that's one way to look at it. From my personal experience though, some of the discounts they offer are worth looking into....they had a discount after watching the trailers on some movies that I was going to go watch anyways so I bought them off of there and according to their updates more and more people and advertisers are signing up everyday and because of that they were able to raise their ad prices and give everyone a little "raise" if you will....so it's not that bad. Thanks for your opinion though, it's good to see other peoples perspective that way I can get better on my pitch and become more successful in this new online affiliate game....well, new to me I mean