Making a list of start ups

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by scottstown, Mar 30, 2011.

1. scottstown

scottstown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I thought it would be fun and interesting to make a list of start ups before everyone knows about them.

I spend a lot of time reading about new ones, but there are so many that you never get to hear about because they never get popular enough, or they fail. But that doesn't mean the idea was bad. Maybe something else went wrong.

So I made the site techstartuplist.org. Its completely free and I have no intention of making money off of it.

If you have a start up know of one that isn't on my list yet, please add it. If the site gets going it could be very beneficial to a lot of people.

Thanks for reading!
    Scott

2. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice site :) I was just wondering, what is a start up? Is it a new site? I have never heard of it before.

3. ieintelligence

ieintelligence
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd like to ask the same question as Matt, look forward to your further explaination :)

4. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice post,Yes can you please explain to us what is a start up?thanks in advance.

5. scottstown

scottstown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here you go,

"A startup company or startup is a company with a limited operating history. These companies, generally newly created, are in a phase of development and research for markets. The term became popular internationally during the dot-com bubble when a great number of dot-com companies were founded. A high tech startup company is a startup company specialized in a high tech industry."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Startup_company

6. ArcSine

ArcSine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very interesting idea, Scott! I know startups are always hungry to get their name "out there", and this looks like a good vehicle for doing just that.

Small side note: In the search-by-US-state feature, check the spelling on "Wyoming".

Here's to the success of the site!

7. scottstown

scottstown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@ArcSine Fixed it! Thanks! I have no idea how that happened.

8. ArcSine

ArcSine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An easy mistake...it's a huge state with lots of wilderness, and tourists frequently get lost. Usually they're found days later.....(wait for it, wait for it).....just woming awound.

9. td2011

td2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a very good idea, there are so many great startups that don't have a chance simply because it takes too long to get recognition and they don't have the funds to see the tough time through.