Making a cms! Just tell me your wishes!

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by johnthewebmaster, Dec 21, 2009.

1. johnthewebmaster

johnthewebmaster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi friends,
    Im making an open-source and free cms (Content Management System).. say something you can call the next Wordpress,Joomla,Drupal etc.. so now im collecting wishlist from people..
    Do you have anything in mind which you would like to see in a cms but its not available yet in the market's existing cms's(like wordpress,joomla etc).. if your answer to this question is yes then send me your wishlist.it will be added in my upcoming cms soon..

CMS will be both in PHP/MYSQL(for all cpanel/linux geeks) and ASP.NET/SQLServer(for those attached with plesk/microsoft windows servers) versions.. so you can choose whichever one you want!

Regards,
    JohnTheWebmaster

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

johnthewebmaster, who will your target users be? For example, will they be beginner webmasters or more experienced coders?

Personally I'd like something that's really easy to install, as I'm not very familiar with script installation. I also like CMS's that make it very easy to customise the name of the site. In other words you can add the name of the site through a text editor in the admin control panel, rather than through any coding or graphics requirement.

[Moving thread to Online Business forum!]

3. johnthewebmaster

johnthewebmaster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi Fergal,
    my target is everybody who wants to make a website for free and im making the cms to make it really easy for anybody to make a website/blog/socialnetwork or any type of niche-based website they want with it in just few quick and easy steps and manage it too very easily in the backend/admin panel.
    the backend will be easier than wordpress and output features will be as powerful as joomla or drupal.. so you get both and in case you are a professional coder/designer and wanna modify it then it will have the extensibility to to modified in 1/10th the time any other cms like drupal takes as it will come with possibly any sort of plugin you may need plus upgrading from previous versions will be easy too.
    i have been taking feedback from other people too at other forums and places and i have got many types of interesting ideas regarding what they want to see in a cms.. so i will take them all ad make the cms of their dreams come true.

thats the only reason why im collecting feedback here too.. i want people to tell me what they want in a cms.. so i can add their type of features accordingly which otherwise wouldnt have come to my mind as a developer and coder. so my creation is to be made in such a way that it could actually help people who are struggling with some other cms(be it on their learning curve or website management or creation of niche based sites) rather than me just throwing away another new cms on the list of so many others which already exist in the market.

your feedback is appreciated!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like a great project johnthewebmaster. Please keep us updated as to how it's progressing for you.

Hopefully some of our other members will give you some feedback as to what they'd like from a CMS.