Make my own website

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Nazreen, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This section is actually good so that I can list down my goal/s and at the same time, have other members of the BAF community advise and help me in achieving it. It also acts as a reminder and as a report to see my progress.

My goal for June 2008 is to finally launch my own website - a website to promote/market myself as a Financial Adviser in Singapore online especially to working adults.

So far, I've already learned XHTML and CSS. I was tempted of using Dreamweaver instead to make building my website easier but I've read a lot of sites advising the use of native HTML instead so the page will load faster.

I still need to learn Photoshop and slicing images. At the same time, I'm also researching the theme and content that I want to put in my site. Content regarding Insurance and Unit Trusts should be as comprehensive as possible so that chance visitors might want to use my site as their reference when it comes to these two subjects.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your website goal Nazreen and congratulations on what you have learned so far.

Why did you decide to develop the site yourself as opposed to hiring a web design company?

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My reasoning is that if 12 year-old kids can make their own websites, then I can also do it on my own haha. Actually, my sister also offered to help but she can only do it in dreamweaver and aside from that, I didn't want to take her time because she's still taking up her degree. My sister won a website design contest in their class a few months back.

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing your June Goals Nazreen! All the best for your success but do work hard which you know is the main thing :)

5. pankaj

pankaj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All the best for your success. And I also want to tell that I had also won the computer competition in class 8 , January 2008. I had designed a website when I was 13 and now I am 14 years old and also own two websites.