Majoring in Business Administration. Need Advice!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by IIAnnexII, Aug 2, 2010.

1. IIAnnexII

IIAnnexII
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am very interested in majoring in Business Administration but have a question: When going into college is there information that professors will assume you already know? I don't want to begin college and not even know what they're talking about from the very start. Thank you for any help.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business forum IIAnnexII. The answer to your question could depend a lot on the college you are applying to. However, if I was you I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most colleges are quite strict on their entry criteria, if you don't have the knowledge they require, they won't accept you on to the course.

Have a look through the college websites and course brochures - more often than not, these will tell you the qualifications and experience they expect participants to have. You could also contact the colleges directly, via email or phone, and ask them about the specific requirements of the course you are interested in.

If you get accepted on a course, it will be your dedication, hard work and interest in the subject that will determine your success, not your previous knowledge.

Good luck with it.

3. IIAnnexII

IIAnnexII
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sounds great. Thanks a lot for your help.

4. businessamateur

businessamateur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business Administration is the most popular major choice in college (United States).

If you are starting on your first year, there are some classes you are going to be taking that will prepare you for courses that will come later. First of these classes will include Macro Economics, Micro Economics, Financial Accounting 1, Managerial Accounting 1, Calculus, and some general education courses.

Of the classes that you take for the first 2 years, you will be expected to know your accounting and mathematics to move onto the courses that you will take for the last 2 years.

As Fergal mentioned, it also depends on the college you are going to.

5. shailagomez

shailagomez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many professors expecting that you can easily cope up with what they are discussing and you can relate to what they are talking. In college you must be prepared always with your lessons, you have to self study and have advance reading.