Mac or windows??

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Vikram Anand, Jul 25, 2014.

1. shamzblueworld

shamzblueworld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've never used Mac, so I'm a windows guy. I really liked windows 8/8.1 too, its more sophisticated than windows 7, but currently I use windows 7.

2. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are more programs available for Windows more software choices and if you like computer games, Windows is the way to go.

3. midnightblur

midnightblur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mac is best choice if you are designer, film maker or anything alike. Windows is the best for the whole other demands.
    Both are good if you do nothing seriously like watching movie, surfing the web and do some office stuffs (I also note that current Office version for Windows is better)

4. lewiskent

lewiskent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Macs are better than windows because Macs are more reliable than windows because Apple makes both hardware and software and the most specific feature of Mac is it don't get viruses and other forms of malware and it provides best customer support.

5. Hirenpatel

Hirenpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't have experience of working on Mac. I want to say it depends on your requirement and purpose of work. You can do general work on both the OS. If you have some specific purpose to choose Mac, then you should choose Mac.

6. inTech

inTech
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would say.. Window. Window have a better reputation in computer industry - for me. They are used by more peoples. Thus, if you have any question.. you can easily find the solution.

7. peterfarrell22

peterfarrell22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Obviously Windows. Using it for more than 10 years, never even had a thought of using any other operating system. I have used Linux, its good, but not as good as Windows is and will be in future.

8. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually both if you ask me, but the thing is that we are normally used to Windows and Mac operates on different OS. Also, most of the IM tools out there are not mac compatible. But, one can always install windows on mac, but that should hamper the PC performance.

9. Levi Perry

Levi Perry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Each OS has specific pros and cons. It depends on what you are using the computer for. If you are more into graphic design, music editing, then a Mac is the way to go. If you want more flexibility on how you want things to look and want more programs, Windows is your bet. So both are good in my opinion.

10. Robert Vincent

Robert Vincent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Okey if you want to buy PC for work then Mac will be best, especially if the work is for graphic design. And if you want to buy PC for playing games or normal work then Windows PC will be best.

11. Inva

Inva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should try Linux. The only reason to not prefer Linux is if you need a program that exists only in another platform (Adobe stuff, Blizzard games). In my opinion any other reason is not a reason, it's an excuse, with Linux being superior in pretty much everything. Especially when you have to pay for everything in Win/Mac platforms while in Linux everything is free. Even if you have an illegal copy, in the near future Windows will become a cloud platform and you won't be able to use it without paying. So makes sense to switch already and be at advantageous position when it happens.