Looking for ways to promote online accounting software!!

Discussion in 'Accounting and Taxes' started by streetgemini, Jun 27, 2010.

1. streetgemini

streetgemini
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi folks,

It gives me immense pleasure to be here back again.

I have a query as usual. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

I am trying to promote Numia- the online accounting and bookkeeping software that is free of cost. I want to improve its PageRank. I tried doing everything in my capacity to do so. I tried article submission, directory submission, social bookmarking, press releases, etc. However, nothing seems to have worked. I don’t know what to do. Can someone give me some ideas to promote it? Any inputs/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

streetgemini why are you focusing on your site's PR? Your energy and resource would be much better spent on adding quality content to your site and concentrating on attracting quality target visitors to it.

Would you be prepared to try some other forms of promotion and publicity? E.g. contacting accountancy bodies directly and asking if they would recommend your software to their members. Or perhaps a direct marketing campaign targeting small businesses and accountancy practices.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Honestly, focusing on PR can get you nowhere, in my opinion.
    Page Rank alone won't give you much promotion or traffic to your site.
    Focus more on your SEO so that search engines could easily find your site.

Advertising on high traffic sites like Facebook can give your site much more publicity.
    You can also try pay per click advertising.

4. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't say that's completely true. There aren't many PR8+ sites that don't also have a good SERP ranking. Also, if I were to sell a genuine PR8 domain, I'd expect at least $1000 from it and that money doesn't come easily.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, how can your site earn that much if it only have PR, not traffic?

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with that and I believe that you could get a lot more than $1000 for a genuine PR8 site. I have to admit that I'd love to have a PR8 site. However, perhaps the best way to get a PR8 site would be to forget about PR and focus on providing excellent value on your site, so that lots of people will link to you?

7. mildred07

mildred07
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about exchanging links, or let your accounting software product be reviewed on accounting software reviews site, you can also try focusing on driving traffic to your site.

8. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One factor as Fergal have said that ifyour site have the quality content, its on site SEO is very good only than the off site SEO can help you to increase the pagerank so make sure that your site meets the requirements of Google.

And the other factor is that Google update the page ranks after months so don't expect that the page rank will surely increase in a week or a two, you have to wait at least for 3 to 6 months.

9. habeebraja

habeebraja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you can take the help of SEO guys they will help you to promote your business.Otherwise you just upload free demo into yr server so that people can see and test it.