Looking for private label manufacturers for skincare products

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Willie Perez, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Willie Perez

Willie Perez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I work for one of the local supermarket chains. Recently the management decided to start our own private labeled brands of skincare products. We have contacted several private label manufacturers but I would like to hear from you guys. Do you know of any private label manufacturers who specialize in skincare products? Can you suggest some names?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Willie Perez.

What country or state is your business based in?

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome aboard, Willie! There's a number of labs in the US that offer such a service. I just Googled contract manufacturers of skincare products and up they came.

Can you take a look at for example http://www.cbiskincare.com/ and tell us please if that's the kind of operation your boss is thinking of teaming up with? I know nothing about this particular company and just chose it at random. Please note this isn't a recommendation of any kind. I'd just like to make sure we're on the same page before doing too much digging for information, and also to know where you're located as Fergal had asked.

Any idea at all also on volume roughly? It helps to know if he plans to sell 1000 or 100,000 products.

4. Jeffrey Miller

Jeffrey Miller
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Willie. Like the others, I would like to know where you are based. I've worked with a nutraceutical company based in New York. If you are somewhere around that area you might want to look into their private label supplement manufacturing services.

5. Willie Perez

Willie Perez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not too far from New York. We are based in New Jersey.

6. Jeffrey Miller

Jeffrey Miller
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Check out Vitacap Labs. They are private label supplement manufacturers who have a GMP-certified facility so you know you're getting quality products. I'm not sure what your initial production run is but Vitacaps can handle any run beginning from a minimum order quantity of 96 bottles.

7. Willie Perez

Willie Perez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys - thanks so much for your inputs. I didn't expect to receive so much support here :) Really appreciate it, guys. I've checked out a few private label manufacturers and am doing a comparative study. Jeffrey, thanks for suggesting Vitacap Labs. I've visited their website and asked for a free quote which I got within 12 hours! They only have one product right now for skincare. But one good thing going for them is that they seem to be the only private label manufacturer (with a GMP-certified facility) to offer a minimum order quantity of just 96 bottles. You have the option of mixing and matching any of their products. That's just great for start-ups like me, who have limited capital.