Looking for free sources to post business event listings....any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by EmilyWard, Jan 14, 2010.

1. EmilyWard

EmilyWard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone,

My name is Emily Ward and I am currently working with FedEx Express Canada on a program to support small businesses.

I came across this forum when I was looking for event resources for small businesses.

Can you let me know where you look when you are seeking a small business networking or educational event?

Thanks!

Emily

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome Emily, we'd be delighted to hear more about your business event and you are free to promote it in our Member Ads & Marketplace forum. There is no cost for advertising in that section.

When looking for local business events in my area I use the following resources; our local government funded enterprise support agency - LCEB, our local Chamber of Commerce, local newspapers and Linked In - especially local groups that I'm a member of. Some of my FaceBook friends also share details of local business events there.

3. EmilyWard

EmilyWard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the advice Fergal. Linked In is a great idea. I'll try there as well.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Emily are you on Twitter? Have you promoted the event there?

5. EmilyWard

EmilyWard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't ventured on Twitter yet, but that is another great idea. Thank you for all the advice :)

6. mggc

mggc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Emily,

You can also try other social networking sites such as facebook and twitter is good too. :)

There are many ways on how you can promote an event, you can also make a blog site about it and try to link that site as a signature, some people may get curious about it and they'll definitely be asking about that event.

7. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Anyone can post their event listings in facebook and other social networking sites for free. Just always be sure that there are lots of people who can read the message of the post before doing so. Newspapers are also an option to be considered but it doesn't come for free.

8. wussa

wussa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fedex, we live to deliver :) Sorry can't help myself. Anyway are you looking for a network of online or offline biz? There are a lot of biz directory that you can seek out to find further info. Eg: The multimillion business.com

9. EmilyWard

EmilyWard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there,

I was looking for online sources because of the quick turnaround time of the project, but thanks for the advice. If FedEx chooses to continue the initiative it would be great to be listed in some offline directories as well.

I have to say, this site is great. I'm continuously impressed with how willing everyone is to share their advice.

Thanks all!

10. China South City

China South City
    uix_expand uix_collapse

facebook and twitters are the best

11. makatiofficespace

makatiofficespace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All of my social accounts, they provide me events. Twitter and Facebook are great sources. Try be on Social Network and workout on finding good sources of events.