Looking for an SEO & PPC marketing tutor??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pyramidjames, Jan 2, 2014.

1. pyramidjames

pyramidjames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello my name is James cooke, is have a website pyramid.com I’ve tried several different SEO companies over the last 5 years, each time I wait 6-9 months for results and get nothing for the money.

I would like to learn SEO & PPC marketing myself, I have a pretty good understanding and is am sure ill learn fast, can anybody recommend a tutor who would come to my office in ST Helens Merseyside and teach me???

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You could learn to do SEO by yourself, but the results may not be much better than you've been getting from the SEO firms you have dealt with in the past. It will still take you 6-9 months to see any results, and they won't be as good as you could get from a professional SEO firm. Of course you wouldn't be paying anyone to do the work for you, so you won't lose money, but you would have to purchase the tools yourself, and learn how to use them properly, which is going to take time as well.
    You could get better results by hiring the right SEO firm, but you have to check them out thoroughly before hiring them, rather than simply hiring an SEO firm, then firing them when they don't get results and hiring another, then firing them, and so on. As you now know, that doesn't work.
    You are, of course, free to do the work yourself if you wish, but don't set your expectations too high. It may take a lot longer than 9 months for you to get the results you need if you do it yourself.