Looking for an honest review...

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Sean Scott, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Sean Scott

Sean Scott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm trying to figure out what I can do to improve the website.
    Tell me how it loads for you, fast or slow? galleries/product info etc.
    Home page might be milliseconds slower than normal because of the .gif file.

Stone Veneer USA

2. llfsa

llfsa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That thing on the front page takes a little while to load for me. But other than that it you've got yourself a pretty decent website there, I like it!

3. frannie

frannie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try ti watch it but it loads to long... sorry.
    Oh at last! Looks really good! I like the design!

4. Elysium

Elysium
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Moderation Monkey

Loads just fine for me; the image slider does take some time to load however other than that the load time was just fine.

The design is awesome, personally I would go with a black footer instead of having it transparent and white text, however that's just me. You have an great website though, and I love the background.

5. andrewc

andrewc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can try optimizing your images to make the slider load quicker at tinypng.com. I noticed that some of your columns are messed up on some of the inner pages at tablet and phone widths. Its almost responsive, but the kinks need to be worked out.

I do love that grid plugin you are using, though!

6. SpikeTheLobster

SpikeTheLobster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

11Mb homepage? Seriously?

Speed is critical and, frankly, few people are going to wait for that much loading. On mobile, it will be absolutely horrific - on home broadband, I was on the verge of assuming it was broken when it loaded. And what's the waiting for? Nothing remarkable. You'd be better off dropping that massively bloated front page and replacing the grid with simpler things. You could still do the grid, just without the bloat.

There's one in the Veneer Products section, too, though it's not so bad.

Some parts make little sense - e.g. From Novice To Pro shows a badly organized table which it's not only extremely hard to understand, but even to figure out what it's supposed to communicate.

Your text makes the fundamental mistake a lot of people make: you talk about yourself and what you do, what you offer, etc. You should be talking about how you can help your customer achieve their goal. They want to know why they should choose you, not how clever you are. :)

Basically, simplify. It's very pretty, but it's hard to navigate, it's not immediately clear what you do or why to choose you, and the site takes way too long to load. Even though it's very pretty!!

My 2c.

7. LGNPanda

LGNPanda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks pretty good. But the website took a while to load. It took about a minute before everything was loaded up.

8. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just saw a moving squares, can't wait for it to show up, sorry, but I like the color combination which is black and gold..

9. Adler Stewart

Adler Stewart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is taking much to to loading but its look is good for me.

10. Khalid

Khalid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Change that thing on the home page. It takes much too long to load. In internet time it takes "forever". If I were visiting that site for the first time, I'd leave within 5 seconds of not seeing it load up. It sounds harsh but it is the truth.

11. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The homepage is loading for me at all I keep seeing that puzzle playing but the other tabs are working fine. I did not see the homepage but I am assuming that you got something in there to catch my attention. It looks like a blog to me to be honest.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While the site loaded pretty well for me, I have to admit I'd concentrate on bringing the data down from 11MB. While a lot of newer devices these days that won't be such an issue, there's more people using older technology and so the speed at which they can access the homepage will be one of the most important factors.

There's no point in having a site that's fantastic, if nobody can get instant access to it. I'm sure we've all been on a site that takes ages to load, so we've just not bothered going back.

13. Razor

Razor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Two things I've noticed. The homepage takes a significant time to load. I thought it was broken, and I was tempted to reload the page. Second, this page in particular. It's generally a bad thing on the Internet to use Comic Sans. It's an ugly, unprofessional font in my opinion and I think a majority of Internet users would agree. Other than those things, the main background could be fixed up. It's not too friendly on the eye in my opinion, and if you pick a new image be sure to keep it around 300 KB.

14. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am just a regular girl with no graphic skills and basically very limited when it comes to any of this technical stuff but here goes. For me it's taking way too long to load and seeing the white squares does nothing to keep me waiting. Yet I waited and was quite impressed with the beauty of the stones. Maybe because I am slow, I did not immediately discern what you were promoting. Initially I thought it might be jewelry , then I saw the bar and got to thinking I must have missed something. Then it came together in the 'what sets us apart' area. The slide show while trying to read what sets you apart was somewhat distracting to me.

At the end of the day I think you have a beautiful product, but the squares and the length of time I had to look at them might have caused you to lose a sale from me:). I'll check it out again so I might be back with more good news.

15. Ace Karim

Ace Karim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Sean.

Your site's focus is not enough on your target audience, but rather more on yourself. That grid takes far too long and brings not enough to justify it's existence.

You need to focus on your usp, value proposition, difference between you and your competitors, what problems you are alleviating, etc, etc. For example, "What sets us apart?": not even a full line is visible in regards to this. You need to check your SEO site score as well, must be low, I tried to check it, but it was taking too long, which isn't a good sign.

Drop the grid, put a simple slideshow in of but a few images (your best ones), if they want more, you have your gallery for that. Get some relevant, informative and enlightening text on the home page, that speaks to your audience about them first, then how you fit into that.

You also need to take into account mobile users, they certainly won't appreciate waiting so long for, with all due respect, very little value in return.

Cheers, Ace.

16. thedocoffice

thedocoffice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot of good stuff on the site. While the main site is stunning ( very nice ) I found each individual page to be underwhelming. ( Much better tham my own site, to be honest ).

You should try www.websitegrader.com for a detailed list of performance and other issues. Most of these sites recommend page loads in under 3 seconds.

If you want a good list of more Website evaluators try this:

Top Free Website Grading and Evaluation tools

17. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice Work , i would suggest changing the font type for your paragraph.