Look and Feel of your website?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by GeeOne, Feb 25, 2011.

1. GeeOne

GeeOne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How important is the look and feel of your site?

G!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Very important in my opinion. The look and feel of your site creates an impression as to whether or not your site is professional and can be trusted. However, it will depend on the objectives and purpose of your site. For example, if your site is a personal blog that you use to update your network on what you are doing, the appearance of your site won't be as important as it would be in a situation where you are trying to get visitors to take out their credit card and make a purchase.

Do you have any particular type of site in mind?

3. royalmayur

royalmayur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, the feel as well as the design of the site is very important but its up to the category of the website. For an example if i own a website of books, the looks and the theme of the website should be relevant,

I have been facing problem while designing

Regards
    Freeston

4. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is a key element I would say. Like if you see a bad looking dish, you probably wont taste it, even if people say its tasty. And vice-versa. Design is really important, and everything matters, like the color scheme, elements position and so on.
    Good Luck!

5. MervinViernes

MervinViernes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very much important! It tells your audience/visitors a little bit about who you are :) My opinion, having a nice and attractive header to go with your site definitely helps boost more interest to your targeted audience because majority of the time that's what people will notice first.

But it all depends on what your site is about, too...

6. RogelynVKW

RogelynVKW
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website is very important, because it will show your credibility and will give the visitors insight. It should give informations and at the same time eye catching.
    And I believe to Merviniernes that it depends on what the website is all about and what is your target market and your product. :)

7. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is very important. As Fergal said, it can help determine weather a site should be trusted. A site that has a horrible logo/theme would be a very big turn off to a site. When you are looking for a service and you find a very disorganized site, would you want to buy from them? No. Well that is just like everyone would be doing.

8. StarbidAuctions

StarbidAuctions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi im looking for some honest feedback about my website and what it offers its members and what could be stopping people from joining as i am finding it hard to get members through free advertisement, someone has already suggested that i should make my title Starbid Auctions clearer and change the mobile phone and car pics thats on the main homepage due to it being abit blurry, I appricate all suggestions and feedback good or bad so that i can improve on these faults thanks

My website is http://www.starbidauctions.com/

9. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The look and feel of a website is one of the first thing that a visitor will see on your site.
    If the appearance of your site is not professional enough or your visitor doesn't like it, they will surely hit the "close" or "back" button.

10. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As GekiDan pointed out, first impressions make a big difference, especially among trigger happy web surfers. Another thing to to take note of is having an easy navigation around your site. You can have the best content or product in the world, but it won’t do you any good if visitors to your site can’t find it.

11. mstealth

mstealth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is very important because a visitor will feel pleased when the site is good looking.

12. harjos

harjos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

Website look creates a first impression. A business could possible have products that are in the market place however if they are appropriately displayed they are useless. For that Website design is very important. It should be make people go to the site voluntarily.