Logistics Management

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by safex, Feb 9, 2010.

1. safex

safex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everybody, I have a question about education.This year I have to decide what I want to study for my next year, and I have chosen Logistics Management - I been thinking about it long time ago. I think about joining the DIT in Dublin, I'm not pretty sure is it the best available option. I would want to know maybe someone knows any better courses in Ireland for Logistics Management, I would be really happy to hear people opinions.

THANK YOU.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Is this DIT Logistics Management course, the one you are considering?

Do you have a CAO guide book that outlines all the CAO courses that would be available to you?

3. safex

safex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, this one. Yes, I have a guide book with all the CAO courses, but sadly they have only this course which suits me. I also like international business with SPANISH + FRENCH LANGUAGES, but Logistics Management is the one I want to do most..
    I was thinking about this course here also --> http://www.cilt.ie/ . Any advice ? Is that course in CAO would be really good? Even my guidance teacher doesn't know any good Logistic Management courses.

4. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HI Safex....

Logistic mgt is a great course....An inseparable part of supply chain mgt. this sector is growing at a very fast rate since the growth in retail sector and application of JIT (Just in Time) concepts in many industries...prospects are also well and if you have interest in this too, then go for it ..don't think too much for its time for some action now...:D..best luck and wishes...:)

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

safex I'd suggest that you telephone the CILT, through the contact details on their site. Tell them about your interest in working and eventually having your own business in this industry. Ask them about courses that might be of help to you and about their own education options. Given that they are an industry association, they should be ideally placed to help you.

Please post back with your thoughts and to let us know how things are working out for you.

6. safex

safex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Fergal , I will ring them tomorrow because today is too late and I let you know my plans. Thanks again.

7. safex

safex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks very much :)

8. jdwork

jdwork
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about logistics software?