Local Internet Marketing

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by kyne19, Mar 8, 2010.

1. kyne19

kyne19
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I am Linda running a small business, and am reasonably web savvy. I wish to target my local audience in the Bay Area where I am able to speak directly to people in the area by using local internet marketing, and know precisely who am I talking to. I wish my advertising endeavor to be a lot more affordable yet effective. Any thoughts —how to go about it?

Also, I have heard a lot about Video advertising. So, is video advertising ready for the Web? Looking forward to your input...

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Linda. Could you please tell us a little bit more about the site or business that you wish to promote online? We will be able to help you a lot more if you can please give us a little more info.

If you are targeting a specific area, you should probably have a look at Google's Local Business Centre. You can also target your ads geographically with Google Adwords PPC.

You will also find some great information in our Featured Online Marketing, Advertising & SEO Threads.

3. rapidbilling

rapidbilling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Linda,

Yes I am totally agree to Fergal.

Here are some more tips.

# Sign Up For Google Local
    # Target Local Keywords In Your Content
    # Measure Results
    # Categories and Keywords in Local Listing
    # Hone Your Advertising

Hope you'll like it..!!

4. RayJones

RayJones
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you need to sign up with igoogle and then select keywords that will target your local scene

5. velsh

velsh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    I have my own website and i want to do my site local marketing so what can i do for this
    you have right suggestion thanks
    Send Rakhi to india

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

velsh have a look at this video tutorial from Google, which explains how to add your site to Google's local business listings in India. Please post back if you have any questions or if you would like any help with it.

#6 Fergal, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  7. Brain

Brain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have my own website and i want to do my site local marketing so what can i do for this
    you have right suggestion thanks

Hi,
    you need to check out the local listings for this purpose. get your self registered on local yellow pages and advertise on local forums or blogs where traffic is high.

8. Catalyst eMarketing

Catalyst eMarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Linda,

I'm Linda too. :)

Here in the US the best, fastest and easiest way to get in front of local people from your area is with Google Local Search, via the Google Local Business Center. I assume you have it there too???

Here in the US, if you know how, you can get your business listed on the top of page one in Google. Here's an example for divorce attorney San Diego.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGIC_en___US345&ie=UTF-8

They call it the Google Lucky 7 and the spot I'm talking about is the 7 listings right next to the map.

I only work in the US market and don't know anything about the UK market.

I just searched Google for you and the description G gives in the serps says:
    "Use the Local Business Centre to create your free listing. ... Reach new customers on Google Maps and Google.co.uk. Local customers are already searching…"
    So I think it's available in the UK.

http://www.google.com/local/add/analyticsSplashPage?hl=en-gb&gl=GB

There definitely is a science to getting to the top in a competitive market. A couple things to be careful of. Be sure to list your business exactly the same on Google and any other directories you list in. Exact same name, address and phone. Don't put Street in one place at St. in another, for instance. Also be sure to completely fill everything out. Add pictures if you can and try to get your clients to give you testimonials. All these things can help somewhat.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Always happy to help!

Hope this helps and best of luck!

9. Biotechie

Biotechie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

submit your site to local directories be specific with the place or your location, plus you can start adding people in social networking sites that are near or within your area

10. ronnyjsmith

ronnyjsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Local internet marketing provides comprehensive, practical guidance on how companies can get the most out of the web to meet their marketing goals. Also it is not about trying every trick in the bag to make them open your mass mailers.

11. myerscooper

myerscooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Local Internet marketing is quite cheap when compared to ratio of cost against reach of target audience. Companies can reach wide audience for a small fraction of traditional advertising budgets.

12. revardwatson

revardwatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Local Internet Marketing should be viewed as a synergy of business models, platforms, technology and techniques applied to meet business objectives through good website marketing.

13. johnkalli1990

johnkalli1990
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the new buzz word now for internet marketers. You might be asking wat is Local Internet Marketing?
    What this involves is actually assisting "local" businesses who are close to you in your local area to drive sales for them by helping them through the power of the internet to get more customers.
    We all know that there are way more businesses offline than those online, hence these businesses are dying for help but they don't know how to achieve this.

14. chrispierson1999

chrispierson1999
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you're dead-on. internet marketing works best when combined with other marketing techniques such as radio.

15. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Local IM in a nutshell
    Get a Google local business listing. Use your keyword in your title and description. Upload images and content as it allows.
    Utilise an SEO friendly website platform, keyword domain name, and optimise your content to the keyword to get organic page 1 listings - utilise backlinking, social media and the like as needed to get an SEO boost.
    Use video content distribution, article distribution and podcast distribution tagged with keyword to get content listings.
    Set up geo targeted PPC
    Couple this with online business directory listings and you will dominate page 1 in your market, appear to be the expert because you are everywhere the searcher looks.

That is local business marketing and it is easy to do in most markets now because most are still so under optimised.

16. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

linda i will suggest you to create your social network and join forums those are locally established. and also submit your listings to google local, bing local and yahoo local.

17. livelife686

livelife686
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Correct. Most people know they should have some sort of presence on the internet for their business and that is about all they know. Typically they go out and hire a designer to build them a website. Often times the website designer or developer will build a beautiful looking site but the search engines don’t know where the site is. Once the website is built the next issue is actually getting people (aka, traffic) to come to the site.

When you think about internet marketing do you feel overwhelmed or do you wonder what in the world it is?

Well you either get traffic organically or you pay for it. Both ways work. Don’t ever try buying traffic (ppc) on google unless you know what you are doing.