Local Advertisements

Discussion in 'Traditional Offline Marketing' started by graphic designer, Nov 27, 2012.

1. graphic designer

graphic designer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Would local advertisements in my church bulletin bring in more customers ?

2. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really depends what for. I think that if you're an active member of your church's community and advertise on a friendly/personal basis then it could work great. It would probably be less effective if you're just advertising a sale/product promotion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it's free it can't hurt at all. As pete mentioned, if you're active in the Church it will likely fair better. We also do a lot of campus advertising which has worked very, very well for us.

4. Bwendo

Bwendo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I highlighted bring in more customers because it might bring in one or two, but what you are doing is creating brand awareness.

Brand awareness is something the big players do, like advertising on football stadiums etc - it is a slow build much like organic link building.

On our small business scale it can be not worth the return of time to pursue this advertising.

Might be worth trying including an offer or coupon so you can accurately monitor uptake and effectiveness of the ad.

Good Luck...

• Like Like x 3
  5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When is the time for small businesses to create brand awareness advertising, is there a right time for small businesses to build brand awareness or wait till they grow bigger?

6. Justinjude

Justinjude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The early they start, the better it is. Advertising on a Church bulletin would be a great way to increase your brand awareness but not all brands can opt for this. First you need to select your target audience, target age group and then you must take your decision for advertising.

7. wasi90lk

wasi90lk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on what kind of product are you selling. If you are selling something that is beneficial to the society, you may get customers from church.

8. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For advertising your business online,you can use local listing sites to advertise your business.

9. rangrage

rangrage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no question that advertising is a need for every business. The problem is that most small business owners see advertising as an expense rather than an investment.

The bottom line is if you don't advertise then your business is invisible. Think of it this way, can you imagine fishing without putting any bait on the hook? ;-)

You need to put your business in front of potential customers, so find out where your customers hang out, online and offline and advertise in those places.

10. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can try "brand-awareness campaign". It's much better to do the promotion and don't wait until you don't get big 'coz you wont get big if you don't start it. Start on Promotion, use social media platforms where all the online buddies are found.

11. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Like everyone said.... lot's of variables. However, only 1 way to find out.

12. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

depending on what your selling, I think road signs work amazingly well. and also I like adding targeted people on twitter for a few weeks to really build up the followers, then Id tweet my offers to them

13. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with some of the other posts in here. Your main priority is to help build your brand awareness. Business is all more about building trust rather than trying to get quick sales. Though you may get a few quick sales here and there through bulletin board advertising, the more you get your name, and more importantly, you businesses name out there, the better it'll be for you. If I were you, I'd advertise my business anywhere and everywhere in my community. Whether it's bulletin boards at church, schools, malls etc.

Good luck to your success.

14. john_mclaren

john_mclaren
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It really depends on what your portfolio of products has to offer. Local ads mostly go UN-noticed. All you need to do in order to get attention is augment your marketing strategy with cool and good complimenting promotional items. You may get customizable promotional items as per your budget and they will also bring enormous customer traffic to your site.

15. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with previous comments.
    This depends on the product / service you offer. Most important is to advertise on local media according to your target market interest. You will succeed the strategy is right.

16. Minerva

Minerva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you products/services are targeting the local people, and then, yes, it will help. Dont waste any advertising opportunities, especially when they are free and your business is small.

17. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are the people who attend your church in your target market? How many potential customers could you really expect to reach with an advertisement in there?

There are probably better places to advertise your services.

However, if you are seriously thinking about it, then consider this idea.......

Many of the people who attend your church might not know that you are a business owner/self employed. You could use that advertisement to introduce yourself to the rest of your parishioners. Include a photo of yourself and introduce yourself by name. Say something like - "Maybe you have seen me at 9:00AM mass on Sundays." Use that ad to explain to those people that you are self employed in the business of graphic design. Ask them to please send any referrals your way if they know anyone who needs better business brochures, business cards, flyers, websites or whatever else you design. Make your advertisement appeal directly to the people who would see that ad.

Those people you go to church with will automatically prefer to do business with you if they don't already know someone who does what you do. They would prefer you because you share that common bond with them of attending the same church. If you attend the same church then you already share a common interest. You are more "like" them than some other stranger would be. People prefer to do business with other people that they know, like and trust. You can use that ad to get people to know you, start to like you and start to trust you.

I would recommend if you do choose to run the ad, that you run it for at least 10 consecutive weeks. Those types of ads in printed material like that tend to work only after running them for a while. You need people to get used to seeing you in there. Then after you run the ad for ten weeks, you can drop the frequency down to once per month instead of every week. If the cost is right, try it for a whole year. Some of those church bulletin advertisements are dirt cheap.

• Like Like x 1