Loads of help on designing a Facebook fan page

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Kay, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love Smashing Magazine. It's one of my favorite sites. This article entitled Designing A Facebook Fan Page: Showcases, Tutorials, Resources has shedloads of inspiration and help. It will take a while to load if you're on a slow connection, so please be patient.

Scroll down about halfway to get past the example sites and see all the links to tools if that's more what you're interested in. Smashing Magazine has also kindly supplied some Facebook Fan page templates free of charge and listed a couple of commercial ones too at the end. A fantastic resource!

And to all you Wordpress theme developers out there, I have a feeling that this will be the next big thing in templates people will need. May be time to learn about a new outlet for your creativity. :)

2. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah smashing magazine is a very good resources sites and have alot of good articles.

3. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reference to create facebook account for business?

Hi , I need little reference or guide to create effective page in face book for business.
    I have searched around and yet no result.

If you have any tips or reference that i can look into, I would be appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Alexishost I've merged your thread with this older one, because I feel the link in the first post has helpful info for you. Plus here are a couple more links that will hopefully help you and give you all the info you need to design a FaceBook Fan Page for business;

HOW TO: Design & Program a Facebook Landing Page for Your Business
    HOW TO: Build a Facebook Landing Page for Your Business
    How can I get a user-friendly URL for a FaceBook fan page?

Please do let us know once you have created your page, we'd be delighted to visit and Like it.

5. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

have crated facebook account
    Hi, fergal thanks for the resources.
    I had it set up. But I confuse how to create landing pages... That convert visitor to customer????
    any hints or tips?

Thanks again.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Alexishost would you mind sharing a link to your FaceBook page and we will give you some suggestions based on that?

7. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Alexis, is it the technical "how to create" that you're having trouble with?

If so, ignore older advice that mentions static FBML, FB have now moved to iframes. Look for advice that has been released after March 12th 2011 or which explicitly mentions iframes. Static HTML is a good alternative to now use if you're looking for a suitable tool. There are various guides, advice and tutorials around on how to use it and get it all set up.

If it's the "how do I get it to convert", that's a very different story. In reality, Facebook isn't great for direct conversions or sales. If you're using it purely as a sales tool, you may be disappointed with the results. It's a superb way to increase engagement with customers or potential customers, earn trust and mind share among your target market and can lead to increased sales in the long term (or higher repeat sales)... but for higher one off conversions, it's probably not the best tool for the job. It really comes down to your aims for the page, how you actually use it and what sort of users you're attracting to the page as to how best to try and convert them. The best advice you can get there is try out various methods, closely monitor the results (use your Facebook insights information) and see what works for you.

8. John Million

John Million
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook is probably the most popular social network for business promotion due to its universal user base and advertising reach. This article from 2010 highlights Facebook's potential for promoting businesses through case studies of big brands. However, the recent launch of Google+ might change the dynamics of Facebook's dominance with its business page feature. It remains to be seen whether Google+ will take up permanent residence in the social sphere.