LittleQuiz.com

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by madringo, Nov 9, 2009.

1. madringo

madringo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LittleQuiz.com

Not my website, but I do know the guy who runs it. It's more or less what it says on the tin -- you can win some pretty good prizes for answering a few simple questions relating to the prize being given out.

It's a brilliant idea, he gets companies who are launching new products to sponsor that particular quiz by offering one of the products. A few weeks ago up for grabs was a Dell Mini 10, then a Wii, Mobile Phones, Camera's anything really. Second prize is €100 in cash, and Third prize is a load of LittleQuiz.com shwag.

This week I was lucky enough to win the €100 prize -- either redeemable in cash, Paypal, Amazon vouchers, or iTunes credits.

Unfortunatly, at present it is only open for Irish residents, but they are looking to expand into other countries.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I do like the concept behind that site, especially as I've often toyed with the concept of doing something similar. The design of the site looks fantastic and it is very user-friendly. I hope it goes very well for them.

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice idea! I'd play along once it expanded outside Ireland. :)

Everyone loves the chance of a freebie. Another one I know of that works on a similar model is Any Lucky Day. You have to visit the sponsor's site and then come back and leave a comment at Any Lucky Day in the prize thread. The winner's picked at random from the comments. It gives away prizes daily.

I won socks once but don't let that deter you LOL. They have big giveaways. Today's is a green laser worth $399.99 that's visible 60 miles away. That would be cool. :D

4. madringo

madringo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The monkeys are very brandable :p

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Any Lucky Day, looks like a great site, very professional and very popular, judging by the number of comments on today's contest.

6. madringo

madringo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd say the vast majority of its userbase originated from Twitter.

7. kiatsiang

kiatsiang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I looked on the site and couldn't find any place mentioned that this site is only for ireland member. I tried to register, and successfully registered as the members and can also participate in the games. But i just worried if i am the lucky member to win it, only they find out i am not from ireland... then, my prizes is forfeited.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

kiatsiang did you enter the Vodafone contest on LittleQuiz.com? A Vodafone broadband modem with prepaid broadband, won't be much benefit to you outside of Ireland.

Or maybe you entered the contest on LuckyDay, which is international?

9. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fantastic site :)

I signed up and entered this weeks quiz :p

10. kiatsiang

kiatsiang
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Fergal, i know that that the vodafone is useless in my country, as my country here don't have Vodafone broadband service provider branches. I participate all of the contest there in order to try out the site and my luck, not really think of winning a prize there.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the explanation kiatsiang, good luck with the contest.

12. madringo

madringo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sure if you won the cash prize they'd have no problems in giving it to you. I think postage is the main issue with the main prize.