Lists for Idle Time

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Fergal, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Keeping a list of tasks that can be done during times when work is not very busy or even for when I'm feeling too tired or demotivated to do the work I should be doing, helps my time management. Examples of tasks might be checking out a competitor's website or tidying and organising a file or drawer that I haven't opened for some time.

Do you have any methods to help you maximise the use of your time when you are not very busy or motivated?

2. Zantetsken

Zantetsken
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, I work in a warehouse, so I can't really do little tasks and tidying like that. I'm pretty much always busy and on my feet at work. When there aren't any more boxes to put away at the end of the day, I usually just sweep the floors to make productive use of my time.

If the day is slower, I sometimes practise writing Japanese characters on the boxes when I'm getting them ready to go on the shelves. We have to write the current date on the box with a marker, so I just sometimes write a couple of characters or a word. I usually don't really get a chance to do this, so I typically just do my work regardless of whether I feel motivated or not.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

During my free time, I usually go find a book that I'm interested in to read but I cannot do that at work. Instead, I usually try to read and clear up my emails because I'm now receiving a lot of emails - one email account is for the school I'm working in, second is my email account for my financial adviser job and the last is my personal email.

Tidying up and organizing our email and other things will actually save us time later when doing our tasks.

4. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I usually go for article writing and business forums in idle time.

5. J.Rod

J.Rod
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When an idea pops out during a busy day, like cleaning my desktop, shopping for supplies or checking the new product I saw on the news, I immediately list them on my S note so when the time comes that I'm available/free, I already have some tasks at list to do.

6. nijushrestha

nijushrestha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a student and i rarely have an idle time but in case if get it i love to utilize it by reading novels and sometimes cooking something special for my family.