Listing Items for sale on website

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Yumi, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Yumi

Yumi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it illegal to broker items on my website that I found on another website? Can I use pictures of the items off of the other website where I found the equipment? All of the equipment I am brokering is used and is being resold by various people.

Thanks for your help.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Yumi, thanks for joining!

I really can't see any reason why it would be, provided that you are upfront about the fact that you are brokering the items and that you don't do anything to deceive people.

Not without the permission of the owners of the images concerned. You should get that permission in writing before publishing the images on your site. Permission in writing doesn't necessarily mean that they need to send you a letter. They may send you an email or they may have outlined terms on their website, that gives you permission to use the image. Also take some care to ensure that the person giving you this permission is the rightful and true owner of the image concerned. Read this cautionary tale from one of our fellow members - Getty Images Copyright Issue.

Good luck with it and please do let us know if you have any further business questions.