Linux vs windows hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by cupid, Mar 11, 2013.

1. cupid

cupid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Linux vps is mostly cheaper than windows vps. Whether this is the only advantage for linux vps, or there is some more advantages over windows vps ?

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Linux is an open source os and is preferred by lot of users mostly for its reliability. It is not used by pc users but it is widely used in hosting industry as a server os. Being open source the support around linux is great.

3. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is really no a good idea to compare such 2 hosting services. You need to understand that they were designed for diffrent purposes and are used in different areas at all. That is very important to understand I think.

4. tom52

tom52
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The most significant benefit that Linux VPS hosting options have over windows hosting options is being a FOSS (free and open source) application,
    which means in case if you’re skilled in hosting and server management,
    by going for Linux VPS hosting, you will be capable of saving some money on the licensing and the product fees.
    Additionally, when judged against the RDC (remote desktop connection) access that is offered with Windows VPS servers,
    SSH access offered with the Linux VPS servers is a much more comprehensive experience.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jakson0100

jakson0100
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Linux VPS hosting option can be seen as a good option for the webmasters who are highly technically inclined plus tight on funds.
    On the other hand, buying Windows VPS hosting will be the definite option for the people that are not much inclined with technical abilities.
    Even though Windows hosting is kind of pricey than Linux hosting, it has the ability to provide you with the support,
    plus many additional en suite features, which will make it more convenient than Linux hosting.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, I was also looking for the Linux and Windows Hosting comparison. Thanks guys for putting up your views. It really helped me to distinguish these hosting. Thank you!

7. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i would like to say window hosting is best if you have alot of fund for your website , and many additional feature init, but as the jakson0100 said its pricey hosting, if you have normal funds for your website then linix is the best option,

Thanks,

8. rebena

rebena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Linux is a free, open source operating system and no licensing fee is required to use it. It has flexibility and best security options
    It is very reliable and ideal for small size website.

Best Web Hosting Company in india
    Find in any search Engine "Sri Ganesh Hosting"

9. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Linux in my view is CLEARLY the more stable, flexible, secure and faster platform. People only use windows for specific software they want to run or its all they know.

10. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Linux is used more often mainly because of it's stability, which is crucial aspect for hosting. It also gives easier access to any system options that admin could ever need.

11. Yooper

Yooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I prefer server with windows based technologi , hyper-v virtualization because i love sturdy and stable server with excellent protection. Linux use so many company, but if you have so much stuff on linux hackers attack what is widely represented

12. pranesh

pranesh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The 2 Reasons
    Where,

Linux : User Friendly,

If you are using php as front end linux would be the better option the reason behind is, modules.
    You can access by shell,

if your are using asp.net you can use windows hosting..you can access by remote.

13. semaphore.v

semaphore.v
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Advantages of using Linux based web server
    Stable
    Low cost
    Easy to move between hosts
    Ease of use