Linking to other sites decreases my page rank?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by manishsqrt, May 8, 2015.

1. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want to know whether linking to other sites decreases the page rank of my website? Or does it have any effect on the page rank of my site, for examples does it reduces the worth of link, suppose my page rank is 7 and i link only to one site, then is it like, for one link the complete pagerank will be transferred and if more then one site is linked the page rank will be divided among them.

2. James4

James4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No and never. Giving link and getting or creating links with using any method is not bad thing. But before doing these things you must analysis once website theme. like if your site theme is about travel services and the site you have getting link or giving link is about beauty, health or any else which have not been any link with your site theme is not good thing. It is not harmful for one but the both sites.

#2 James4, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I wouldn't say you can obtain or create links using "any method". There are unethical methods which are considered "black hat", such as buying links in bulk or getting links primarily from the same type of site, like all ".edu" sites, and these methods should not be used. There are also other methods that were used in the past, like forum posts and blog comments, but are no longer considered acceptable.

I don't understand your point here. Can you explain what you mean?

4. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It totally depends upon which website you are linking to. Suppose you are linking to a relevant but website with low domain authority, then your website ranking will suffer for sure in SERPs.

5. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think Google is going to update page rank of any website, because page rank is dead, and last page rank update was in 2013, for reference - http://bit.ly/1uZabpT

6. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It should not affect your page rank. The links you put would affect the pages of the links. If you put links on your website "a" to website "b" then it should increase the page rank of website "b"