LinkedIn Advertising

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by JPM, Aug 31, 2011.

1. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Has anyone used LinkedIn for advertising? What do you think of the services? How does it compare to other social networks?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

JPM are you asking regarding paying for ads on LinkedIn or about using it to promote your site or business using free methods?

3. TheNova

TheNova
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'll be interested to know this also. I know a few people who use LinkedIn, but don't know if they've used it to promote their website.

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

haven't tried promoting my sites in linkedin though but i did put my sites in my profile. but since the links are dofollow, i think it will be worth promoting sites especially if you have created a group.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I belong to a group on LinkedIn called B2B Online Marketing, which has a subgroup called "Announcements and Advertising". You can start a discussion in the "Announcements and Advertising" group to advertise your business, or a special price or sale for your product or service. I have used it twice already for special deals on our services, but did not receive any replies on either one. Since it is free, I didn't lose anything, but on the other hand, I didn't gain anything either.
    I have never used paid advertising on LinkedIn.

6. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, I was actually talking about paid advertising. I am considering it for resumer.me simply because it fits very well with the niche. The ad' system is very targeted and I can easily target recruitment consultants and companies, along with freelancers also.

7. Ken Peterson

Ken Peterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Linkedin is a professional network for career and business oriented people looking to expand personally or business-wise with a professional presentation