Link Vault Etc - Alternative Link Placement Program

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by abds, Feb 1, 2011.

1. abds

abds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Forum

I have been pretty slack building my backlinks for the last year and was thinking of using one of those software like link vault . Anybody here have any experience using linkvault please share your experience. How Affective are they. Do they place your link to related websites ? Any extra traffic coming to your website ?

Thank you very much

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

abds are you asking about http://www.link-vault.com ?

I haven't used them myself, are they basically a link exchange system?

3. abds

abds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Fergal.
    I believe you have to place their link in your website and they place your URL in various websites.
    What I was concerned about is whether they put the links to relevant websites , I sell glamour's costumes , no point having my link in a pill company.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A search on Google shows that Link Vault don't have many back links themselves. I'd wonder why a service provider like this would not have lots of back links, if their service was good, surely they would use it themselves to get lots of links.

The news section of their site hasn't been updated in a few months - this might suggest that the site owners are no longer very active in maintaining and updating the service. Link Vault was popular in the past, it doesn't appear to be quite so popular now.

I'd also be a little concerned that major search engines such as Google, might penalise your site if they see that you are running Link Vault code, in an effort to generate back links. Perhaps some of our more experienced SEO people could give an opinion on this.

Personally I wouldn't use it at this time. However, I'd be open to hearing evidence that it works and that it won't result in a search engine penalty.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I checked out Link Vault after reading your post, and found the following information on their site:

"Link Vault is made up of a large group of quality websites. Each new member must bring to the network at least one high quality website and make available a few links slots for existing members. In return you receive 'Vaultage' which you use to receive links from the other members websites which is in effect a link exchange."

It does sound like a link exchange, although the sites you link to may not necessarily be the sites you are receiving links from, so they may not technically be reciprocal. However, the type of link Google and the other engines is looking for is sometimes called an "editorial" link, meaning it occurs using a particular keyword phrase used in a blog post or article, which is then hyper-linked to your site. The type of link provided by Link Vault sounds like an ad for your site, placed on their network of sites. You would then place ads for sites in the network(not necessarily the same ones linking to you) on your sites.

Then there is this, from their FAQ page:

"Anyone can join Link Vault, providing they have a good quality website ..."

In your post you said, "I have been pretty slack building my backlinks for the last year". I haven't seen your actual website, but based on what you said in your post, I don't think you would qualify.

To summarize, Link Vault is an "advertising" network. Their purpose is not to build backlinks to raise rankings on the search engines. It is not appropriate for what you need.

6. abds

abds
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Fergal.
    Thank you joeroxx.
    I have been reading a seo blog where they mentioned link vault several times and they/he seems to think this is very important.

I am really slack at keeping up to date with all the backlink building . directory submission etc. My site listed in Google directory and dmoz and a few others but nowhere near some other websites . So you might be right I do not qualify for the link vault , at this moment I will leave the link vault and concentrate on directory submission.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

abds if you believe that Link Vault might be able to help your site go ahead and apply for inclusion, the worst they can do is reject your site and you'll be no worse off than you are today.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Do you have the URL for the seo blog? I would be interested to find out why he/they are recommending Link Vault. Also, why limit yourself only to directory submission? Using Article Submission, Press Releases, and Blog Posts as well would give you a more diverse quantity of links, and would give you the exact type of link that the search engines are looking for.