Link Pyramid

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rudradhar, Nov 14, 2012.

1. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys

What is Link Pyramid? Is it new SEO technique or OLD? If it is OLD than it's still effective or not? How to implement Link Pyramid?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

A "Link Pyramid" is an old technique used by people trying to find ways to "game" the system, people who don't have the patience to do SEO and link building the way it should be done. In a previous thread, another member had asked a similar question about "Link Wheels". As I did then, I am going to quote from Google's Webmaster Guidelines:

"The following are examples of link schemes which can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results:

Linking to web spammers or unrelated sites with the intent to manipulate PageRank
    Building partner pages exclusively for the sake of cross-linking"

And in the same section of the guidelines, there is this:

"It is not only the number of links you have pointing to your site that matters, but also the quality and relevance of those links. Creating good content pays off: Links are usually editorial votes given by choice, and the buzzing blogger community can be an excellent place to generate interest."

This quote is different fro the previous one because Google has update their Guidelines.

• Like Like x 1
    #2 Joseph.Shivell, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  3. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Squidoo lenses is somewhat like web2.0, and I have create few of them this time which some of them pointed to my websites. I learned this thru asking people on forums, Is this also considered a technique to game the system?

4. rajesh

rajesh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No. That is in fact kind of guest post. You wrote an original article for squidoo and got a link in return.

5. edword84

edword84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As per my knowledge Link Pyramid is a very effective method of link building, which is used for optimizing a website and to get more ranking on search engines. The primary objective of link pyramid is creating a network of links for the benefit of a website’s homepage.