Link Exchange

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by magician661, Aug 25, 2013.

1. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any one who is interested in exchanging link with me can leave his/her title and link here or PM me. Please add my site to your site and I will do the same.

My site title: Weird Jobs

Url: www.weird-jobs.blogspot.in/

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

In Google's Webmaster Tools Help, Google mentions "link schemes" that are to be avoided. The second item on the list is "Excessive link schemes ("Link to me and I'll link to you)". Although it does say "excessive", link exchanges are unnatural, and are more likely to be considered a violation of their guidelines. In a previous thread, Fergal had a situation where he wanted to link to a single site, and possibly receive a link from it. In this case, however, he wanted to link to it because he visits it regularly, and thought that visitors to his site could benefit from visiting the other, and vice versa. Also, both sites are quality, non-spammy sites.
    I, and a few others, did not think it would be a problem because it was only one site, and both Fergal's site and the other target the same type of visitor. In your case, however, you are soliciting links, and are offering links to several sites. Because you cannot control the quality of these sites, and would be deliberately getting several links, in addition to giving links to several sites, you could wind up hurting not only the sites you get links from, but your own site as well. Therefore, I would not recommend anyone take advantage of your offer.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link exhange are a thing of the past. And as joreroxx rightly said, it could hurt not only those sites that link to you but your own website as well. So you should limit this to few sites which would 'Look' natural and would not hurt anyone now or later.

• Like Like x 1
  4. vishal23

vishal23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its not good way for link exchange.First find relevant blogs of your blog and then invite them for link exchange through email.Don't link exchange with every website to avoid google penalty.

5. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is violent the policy, when the exchange site is not relevant to readers or those links with too many exact match anchor text.

6. Brainpulse

Brainpulse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of the webmaster who think as optimistic as me have faith in trying luck in improving and thinking rationally about their link building strategies rather jumping at the conclusion that they are penalized.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Thinking rationally about your link building strategies includes not violating the Guidelines provided by the search engines. Although there are few exceptions, such as the one I mentioned above, exchanging links for the express purpose of increasing your rankings is a clear violation of those guidelines, and should therefore be avoided. Should you use link exchanging, and find your rankings dropping, I don't think you would be "jumping to (not at) the conclusion" that you have been penalized.

8. henna

henna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do not exchange link with other websites. Google doesn't like this, If you are participating in link exchange schemes in their Webmaster Guidelines, warning that doing so anyway “can negatively impact your site’s ranking in search results”.

9. VishalBhatt123

VishalBhatt123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link Exchanging is a violation of Google algorithm guidelines. So, Google algorithm may give penalty for doing such this thing.

10. WebNet Host

WebNet Host
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link exchange is not anymore a viable link building method.

11. webcreations

webcreations
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In link exchange we interchange links with other related websites with the objectives of getting traffic and pagerank.

12. businessampm.com

businessampm.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google totally band it. But first I think your great proposal then I accept.
    Thank you,