Link Building Method After Penguin.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by angelajason06, May 4, 2013.

1. angelajason06

angelajason06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As You all know that Google is very smart now. I want to ask that what is effective link building ways after Penguin update. I have asked this Question in Many forums. Every one advice me to do "Guest posting" but it is Too expensive and totally out of my budget. I am working on two projects and they are raking very very Slowly. Please Help me.

Thanks

2. maxwebinc

maxwebinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Were your sites hit by Penguin? If not, then you shouldn't worry about it. Those who gave you the advice of doing guest posting were right. And besides, you don't have to spend money to do it. You just have to write compelling articles and spend some time in finding relevant blogs that would accept your article. Of course, better choose those high quality blogs only.

Another option is to build a private blog network. It is less expensive than doing guest posting because you only have to spend money for domains (unless you will hire someone to do it). A week or two is enough to build a network consisting of 3 blogs depending on how fast you can build a site. Make them as natural as possible and it could generate a good number of traffic and good ranking for you.

3. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Stop focusing on ranking. Because Ranking is a poor measure of SEO. Much better if you will find links that send traffic to your site rather than those ones that other link builders say that might get your site on top of search engines.

Go back to the basics and read Google Webmaster Guidelines.

4. john345

john345
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is not easy to build links after Google penguin updates. You have to work on link building to quality websites so that Google cannot consider your links as spam and ranks your websites to top SERPs.

5. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My advice for link building after Penguin:

1) Stop using repetitive anchor text to the same page. Change your anchor text constantly using massive variation.
    2) Stop building links from obviously spammy places. If you know that there are going to be any spammy links appearing on that page, then don’t build a link there.

Those two steps alone would allow 90% of people to avoid Penguin.

6. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I definitely agree it's not easy but it forces people to develop quality content that's shareable.

7. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

angelajason06, your problem is that it is ranking very slowly, right? But at least it is improving. Here are some of the things I did which helped me with my campaign.

1. Analyze your link network

Understand where your backlinks are coming from and what are the keywords being used in the anchor text of these links.

2. Monitor your rankings

I consistently monitor rankings ( I actually do it weekly) because I wanted to see whether the strategy I used worked.

With reference to item no. 1 on analyzing the link, I modify my anchor text links into this ratio : 40% brand links, 40% generic links and 20% target keyword links.

3. I don't use low quality websites to link with, I used websites with PR 2 and above.

4. I use a diverse link network : web 2.0 submission, press release, article directory, blog commenting, forum posting, website directory and social bookmarking.

By the way, I learned this one by reading blogs from those who are seo guru and so far it works with me.

8. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After penguin update , i think anchor text must be revised secondly sites used for link building should be high PR.