Link building for a site under construction?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by JPM, Oct 8, 2011.

1. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a couple of sites that are under construction and I'm about to start work with a SEO company to start link building, but just want to make sure that Google or any other search engine would not penalize me for buiding back links to a site that doesn't have any content yet?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

someone from DP actually exchange links with my celeb site but he forgot his passwords to it so he tried recovering it and since he don't know how to change the email in the phpmyadmin, he just forget it for awhile and concentrate more on his current blogs. the only content on his celeb site was an intro stating the blog will contain images of hot celebs.
    but after few months his bog has PR3.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BusinessGeek

BusinessGeek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't see any reason for you to be penalized by Google for having back links to a site that isn't complete yet. In my opinion, there have been many occasions that people have referenced a website that is up-and-coming on discussion boards and social media. Which in the long run caused these unfinished properties to get really high Google PR, as well as a huge amount of back links and as you can guess it, high SERPs.

Simple answer: totally go for it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the replies guys.

Does anyone know what Google advises?

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Can I ask who you are working with? You can PM me with the answer if you don't want to reveal it here. I am wondering why an SEO company would start link building for a site that has no content. They would first have to know what type of site and business it is, so they have a general idea of what phrases to pursue. In order to really do a comprehensive analysis, however, they would need to have a complete website to link to, so they can make sure the phrases they pursue are actually related to the website, and are actually the best phrases to go for.
    As far as the Webmaster Guidelines for Google are concerned, they can be found here. There is also a link to Design and Content guidelines, which are so specific it would be impossible to follow them with a site that isn't built yet, and a link to a help forum on Google itself.

6. aarisindia

aarisindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

You may have a look at Link Building Basics

It might be helpful in solving query regarding Link building for a site under construction?

It is a quality content for you to read online..
    There is nothing to buy or download
    No affiliate products displayed
    No ads

It is with pleasure that I recommend this

Thank you for…your thoughtfulness.

Lots of Love