Letting eBay Earn Their Pay

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by Diane Lane, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ebay charges a lot for final value fees, and I recently learned of a way to have them do the work I usually do. I just sold something, and the buyer hasn't paid for the item. It's been 2 days, and I usually have to wait 4 days before filing an unpaid item case with eBay. I did a little checking today, though, and saw that if I go into my site settings, I can change the 4 day waiting period to 2 days, and set it up so that eBay will automatically open an unpaid item case when the 2-day period passes. I also set it up so they will automatically re-list the item for me if the buyer doesn't pay.

I'm still out the money the buyer didn't pay, but now there's a chance that I will receive my money sooner, either when he pays after they open the case, or by it being automatically relisted and sold to someone else, who will hopefully not renege on the purchase contract. Regardless of whether he pays or not, he will be blocked from bidding on any of my future items.

2. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Non-payers are so frustrating aren't they? I used to sell quite a lot of items on eBay but was discouraged by the increasing fees and the amount of unpaid item cases I was opening.

I'm glad you've found a way to minimise the damage though.Every little thing that we can save time on means more time to make money!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ugh, speaking of their exorbitant fees, I was looking over my statement earlier, and noticed that in addition to the regular final value fees, they also charge a final value fee on shipping!!! That is ridiculous. There are very few things I sell that sell well there anyway, and once I get this item sold, I'll probably avoid the place for a while. I am outraged that they charge fees on the amount we already pay for shipping.

Additionally, the person still hasn't paid, and I've sent him 2 messages about it. From what I've seen, eBay hasn't opened a case yet, either, so I guess I'll be following behind them, even though I changed the settings, and they should have acted on it by now.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I still have to sell something on e-bay although I have bought one sometime. The process of bidding is amusing to me because over here, you usually haggle with the price of the goods and the vendors are so good at it. Imagine an item costing 100, the vendor would price it at 300. And you would be happy it you get it for 200. Neat trick with the price.