Let's see how harsh can you be criticizing my site.

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by dbs00, Apr 9, 2017.

1. dbs00

dbs00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey fellas,

Please have a look at bywex.com and tell me what do you think about it.

I'm going to focus on the Custom Bots part

What I know I need to do:

1. Homepage
    Maybe a little more content and the blog posts
    2. Email capture forms ( autoresponder )

2. Custom Bots page

• I need to add more pictures, maybe add different background images or designs for different page sections.
    • Maybe some Animations to the icons
    • More examples

3. Blog ( well I have to make the blog first and start adding content to it)

4. SAT my first public bot for sale in a small niche. How does that sale page look to you?

1. What else would you suggest to add into those pages?
    2. How about others pages that I should add regarding freelancing on custom tailored software?
    3. What do you think about the SAT sale page?

Thank you for taking the time in checking it out,
    Looking forward in seeing your answers!

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Have you ever heard the expression "Be careful what you ask for, you may get it"? Regardless, here goes.

First, I entered your URL into my browser, and was waiting for 10 seconds because I didn't realize the page had loaded. Actually it may not have, but all I saw on my screen was whitespace with a navigation bar on top and the words "NEED A" on the bottom. After a few minutes, the photo finally loaded. Most visitors would probably leave long before the photo loads, because there is apparently nothing on the page. I then scrolled, and scrolled, and scrolled some more, and fiinally reached the bottom of the page. Just for kicks, I decided to pretend I was going to print the page - it took 13 pages! In contrast, the home page for the company I am affiliated with took 3. The "Custom Bots" page took 16 pages. The "S.A.T." page took only 7 pages, but I think you get the idea. These pages are way too long, with way too much information on a single page. Find a way to condense the information, and add "Read More" links that visitors can click on to go to separate pages if they need more information. The FAQs should definitely have their own page. The "Some examples of what you can automate" provides more details about "What our bots can do". Take the "What our bots can do" section and make it a separate page, with each graphic linking to the pertinent subjects of "examples of what you can automate". This will also give you the opportunity to add more details to the "examples", since each category will now have it's own page. The second "get a free quote now!" button is buried in the middle of the page, and there is really no reason for the graphic in the middle of the page.
    There's more, but I don't have time for it right now, I'll come back and review the other pages later.

3. dbs00

dbs00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey,
    "Be careful what you ask for, you may get it"? In this case that was my point. Not to get replies with nice, good etc.

Thanks for taking the time in checking it out.

I just tried the Print Thing as well, but its showing just 5 pages for my homepage. 11 for custom bots and 12 for Sat.
    Hmm if I open bywex with a Chrome Incognigo indeed the loading speed seems a bit slow . ~ 10 seconds. if I open it normally its just 1-2 sec. Anyway, I'll optimize that main pic, most likely I didn't and that should speed it up significantly.

Regarding the Long Pages. That was my goal. To make One Long Sale page for the Custom Bots and for Each public bot. I can add a menu every 2-3 "pages" with quick links for other stuff on that long page. Maybe the reader is looking for something in particular and that will help him find it faster.

I'll make the Articles on the blog with 1 -2 paragraphs and Read More button.

The FAQs should definitely have their own page. The FAQ are different in those 2 cases Custom bots and SAT so I think I'll leave them at the end of the sale page. I might add the generic parts into a Main FAQ with a notice that each product might have different FAQ as well.

"Take the "What our bots can do" section and make it a separate page, with each graphic linking to the pertinent subjects of "examples of what you can automate" This is a very good idea . Thank you. I'll implement it.

Looking forward in getting more harsh feedback from you whenever you have the time! :)

4. rwong

rwong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

dbs00,

Just some quick points on home page
    Load your home page, look at if for 5 seconds and I cannot figure out what you are selling. Do not pass the 5 sec test. Need to refine your business value proposition. The thoughts comes to mind during that 5 seconds are
    • What is this image with a bunch of bright words? Hurts my eyes
    • I do not need a web bot ("Need a Custom Web Bot?")
    • What is a web bot anyway
    • Why do I need to buy one?
    • I am done.
    Totally turn me off from finding out more about your service or product.
    If this was my website, I will replace the robot image and really figure out what value proposition (offer) I am communicating to visitors.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

And I thought I was being tough! This is exactly what I meant when I said "Be careful what you ask for". The one thing that stands out to me is the last item on rwong's list - "I am done". And this happened within 5 seconds of getting to your website. Like rwong, I think the image at the top of your homepage is way too big. In your original post you said you needed "a little more content". What you actually need is less, not more. Your website is overwhelming for the visitor, when it should be inviting. Think of your website like a house. When someone enters your house, they don't find the toilet, a vanity, a bed, a sofa, a dining table and chairs, a refrigerator, and a stove all in one room, do they? Each room is separate, and contains only what is needed to use that room for it's intended purpose. Even the individual rooms have places to store what you use in that room. Your website is the same way. The top of your homepage is your "front door". When entering, it gives them a first impression, and they decide whether this is a place they want to visit. Each page is another room. When a visitor enters the "room", they decide what they need to do there, and they can get what they need from wherever it is located. Every item needed to perform every task that room is used for is not piled into the room. In the same way, when someone visits a page on your website, they decide what they need, and can follow a link to get it.
    So how do you convert "rooms" into pages, and "closets" or "drawers" into links. One way is to use a navigation bar, instead of just links, at the top of the page, with dropdown menus for categories with pages that have different types of information the visitor may be looking for. For example "Custom Bots" can have a drop down menu for "Benefits Of A Custom Bot", "What Our Bots Can Do", and the "Quote Request Form", each of which would be on a separate page. On the actual "Custom Bots" page, you would have short paragraph to describe each of these, and the phrase itself can be a link to the page, or you can use a "Read More" or "For more information, Click Here" link to the appropriate page. You'll notice I didn't mention "Some examples of what you can automate". That's because this would be eliminated, and some of the "examples" would be included in a short paragraph describing the related thing a bot can do. The large graphics for "What Our Bots Can Do" would be a lot smaller, and placed to the left of the related paragraph.
    On the "S.A.T." page, like the "image with a bunch of bright words" that rwong mentioned, the graphic is too big. Remove it, and take the Web Automation" section(from the "Web Automation" heading to the "Buy S.A.T." button) and put it on the top of the page. Also, eliminate the line that says "otherwise S.A.T. its useless to you". You don't want to insult your potential customers The four graphics with a short line under each can be eliminated, and the short lines can be combined into a single paragraph. You'll also want to add some information explaining what WoW EU, BNS EU, BNS US, and BNS NA are, as well as describing BYNEX, AbsoluteGamers, and Whinkerton.
    Is the paragraph that starts "how much would you save monthly" related to the graphic below it? If not, get rid of it, or find a way to add it to the information above it. When I click on the graphic, all I get is a copy of the graphic that's the same size. Why? Are the four items below the graphic related to the graphic? If so, take the whole thing and move it to a separate page, and give it an appropriate title. "S.A.T Config", "Benefits Of Using S.A.T.", and "Buy S.A.T." can also be moved to separate pages. Remember the dropdown menu? The "Ask for more features" can stay, but change it to "Need More Features?". The items at the bottom should be added to the "Buy S.A.T." page. Finally, the "still in doubt" contact section is way too big. Take the "Still in doubt" line and make it a link, or add a link, to your support page.
    That should keep you busy for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dbs00

dbs00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks again mate for taking the time in doing such a complex review. I will save some time this week just for the site and do some changes

7. Bizsort

Bizsort
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm don't know what your website looked like before modifications but from design perspective - on home page image is too overpowering, should be smaller. Whole website would benefit from a common color theme to tie it all together: please work on those bright words on custom bots page, it doesn't work. You have enough information but design is lacking, sorry. it is just my personal suggestions, All the best

8. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The banner is way too big at the moment plus it seems you have not done much work on on page SEO with meta tags etc. Both banners are way too wide and need to be fixed to look attractive.