Let this short speech change your mind and life.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Csc1990, May 15, 2013.

1. Csc1990

Csc1990
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's really sad that so many of us are on this forum and others alike just because we want to make a buck. Most of us hate all of this business mumbo jumbo but we keep pondering the possibilities and trying these "turnkey" methods to get wealthy because we think that the wealth is what will make us happy. You can deny it all you like, you can say that you love spending day after day trying to make money online or start a business, but what you really love is the idea of the money that the business will bring. How many people here are inquiring about how to start a pizzeria because they absolutely love pizza? Is anyone on the forum asking about how to promote themselves as a musician (which you can file as a business) because that's what they would really and truly like to do? How many people here love writing, painting, drawing, cooking, photography or animals... but are still plaguing themselves with the stress of trying to succeed with SEO or a business that they see no satisfaction in other than the potential income?

People throw passion in the trash because it seems unrealistic. But then they try SEO... which has just as bad odds of making a ton of money as becoming a musician. In the handful of years I spent trying to succeed online I could have mastered a skill pertaining to one of my interests or passions, but I spent all of the time chasing the money.

You can start a business doing anything that you like. (Except drinking beer. No one has ever paid me to drink beer.) You'll find yourself happier and regardless of what you think, when (not if) you get good enough at what you like to do, there is money to be had.

Here's a speech by Alan Watts that really got me thinking and changed the way I really saw things. Hopefully it'll change your life for the better as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--6FZzIuMEQ

• Like Like x 1
    #1 Csc1990, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've seen that video before and I love it. It contains excellent advice, that many of us find difficult to follow.

I suppose a lot of people can relate to that. What are your interests and passions, by the way?

3. Csc1990

Csc1990
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please do notice my correction of 'spend' to 'spent.'

I wrote up this huge egotistical explanation of my passions and how they came to be. But then I deleted it to keep it simple.

I'm lucky enough to have web design as an actual passion. I enjoy it as long as I balance it with the rest of my life. I also have a passion for health and nutrition. I plan to turn both of these things into careers in my lifetime.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with it Csc1990, I hope you can find a way to make your passions profitable and successful.

• Like Like x 1
  5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interesting things and world...full on more interest ...but passion seems to be missing.....because we keep on believing others...we lost our sense and thoughts along with will....this way we chase all the trash available around us than finding real gold within ourselves- Our Passion.

But our passion has the true potential to give us all we want- money, peace and above all satisfaction....

6. Csc1990

Csc1990
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We're raised to believe that hobbies, passions and interests are simply pass-times. We're told to become lawyers, doctors, plumbers... because of the money associated with the careers. Now, some people do love being lawyers and doctors. Some even love being plumbers. But for the rest of them that did it just for the money, their life is wasted. Like Alan says in the speech, eventually you can be good enough at anything that you want and decide to do that you can make money from it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The story is really a mirror of everbodys heart.It is exactly what the people thinks before putting their hands in any job.But they forget that when they go before money,there is no satisfaction,and inturn they can never be happy.So do the work in which you enjoy:)the famous lines in hindi movie "3 idiots" : "safal bano paisa apne aap apke peeche ayega"
    that means be successful in your life,money will automatically chase you:) be it in any field,but be on the top.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes true.... But sometimes you need to choose money over passion... necessity of life....

But yes, one can work on passion side-by-side.....