Lessons from Sir Richard Branson: How to Identify an Opportunity

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Remotestaff, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sharing an article about Sir Richard Branson I came across...

"We look for opportunities where we can offer something better, fresher and more valuable, and we seize them. We often move into areas where the customer has traditionally received a poor deal, and where the competition is complacent. And with our growing e-commerce activities, we also look to deliver 'old' products in new ways. We are pro-active and quick to act, often leaving bigger and more cumbersome organizations in our wake. When we start a new venture, we base it on hard research and analysis. Typically, we review the industry and put ourselves in the customer's shoes to see what could make it better." -- Sir Richard Branson

To read the full article, please visit http://www.youngentrepreneur.com/self-made-magazine/

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love Richard Branson. He's one of those people that people love or hate him. There's no middle ground. And why doesn't that man ever age? I'm old enough to remember when the Virgin brand meant Virgin Records and that was all. He walks the walk too. Virgin Airlines was different from anything anyone had seen when he started that. He saw the disgruntled customer base and took advantage of it.

That's a great magazine, thanks for highlighting that!

3. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Glad to have shared the article ;)