Learning Small Talk

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Redd, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

FACT: With many people spending most of their time with their devices [chatting, updating statuses, tweeting, etc], they are getting more socially awkward and the trend isn't about to change.

To navigate well in the social and business world you'll need to interact with a lot of people because networking will be good for your business. It doesn't necessarily mean that you need to be the social butterfly so to say. All you need to acquire are the basic skills that will enable you to converse with anyone, anywhere, any time. If you are not good at that stuff then you need to learn and master the art of small talk.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Over here, small talk means getting intimate, not that intimacy of lovers but intimacy among friends. In seminars that I had attended, my problem would always be that small talk. How could I start when I don't know anyone around. But in the office events like a general assembly, I could easily start a conversation because I know the people and I also know the milieu. In our last general meeting held in a hotel, I had a grand time chatting with my former colleagues who have moved to other departments.