Learning HTML

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by hamzo, Aug 14, 2009.

1. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These days i am getting on for learning HTMLwhich is an important thing with respect to me . it really made me fell that i could help in something or do something special that not all internet users get to know it .

2. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's very nice!

Can you tell which software are you using to learn HTML? It's very basic I believe and not many people know about it untill they know about programming in Web.

3. kris1911

kris1911
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are planning to be professional website developer then you should start from the basic HTML because without learning HTML it will be tough to learn other. I would recommend to use DREAMWEAVER because its really easy to handle and its useful for various coding like HTML, PHP,CSS and all. There are many plugin available so that it will be really easy to create professional pages after you have learned HTML and PHP. So, first complete HTML and then move for PHP

4. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HTML (HyperText Markup language) is the basic thing you learn in web world. It's basic but important. It's a special language for creating websites. When you learn it, it will open way for you to earn online. It's very important for anyone who wants to earn in Online world.

This is like Learn to walk before you run. If you know how to walk properly, you will know how to run. Anways when you complete learning html, you can know to use PHP which is much more powerful format. Best of Luck hamzo.

5. Mikey

Mikey
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Designer

HTML isn't hard to learn, what are you using to learn it? A website, or some books? I learnt HTML from a book.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd agree with the other posters that it is well worth taking the time to learn HTML. As they've already said, it's not difficult to learn and it's the foundation of how websites are built.

W3Schools is a very helpful website and their HTML tutorials are great.

I myself read "Build Your Own Web Site The Right Way Using HTML & CSS" by Ian Lloyd and I'd strongly recommend it. A few hours with that book will give you a strong grasp of HTML and will have you on your way to creating an excellent example site. It's the most user-friendly and practical technical book that I've ever read.

Good luck with it and please keep us posted on your thoughts and your progress.

7. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe default Frontpage from Microsoft is very useful and easy for newbie to understand HTML. I will advice you use it at first to understand the basic HTML.

Maybe, if you can get more ideas then probably switch to PHP. It's very related to HTML. After all, Php is secure and better than HTML.

8. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal, thanks for the links.

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to website design & HTML etc. Always wanted to learn but just did not know where to start. We take a look at the W3Schools site and the book you mention.

Sean

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's what I did and to be honest I would advise people to do the exact opposite. Learn HTML before you start using any of those web editor tools. Learning HTML will give you a thorough understanding of how websites are created. If you start using the tools, you will be able to create websites, but you won't fully understand how they work.

10. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HTML isn't that hard at all. If you are newbie, you can start building websites through Frontpage then you can use more advanced program Dreamweaver.

11. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As Fergal has stated, I would HIGHLY advise using W3Schools to accommodate what you want to learn regarding HTML and web design in general. They have the best known guide on the web for those type of things. I personally have an eBook for what you're trying to learn as well, it's very helpful and helped me out a bunch when I was initially in the process of learning HTML / CSS / XHTML.

If you want, you can PM me and we could find out a way so I can send it to you, most likely over RapidShare. But it teaches you step by step with nice little worksheets to complete for homework and everything ;). Let me know if you're interested.

12. Mikey

Mikey
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Designer

Isn't w3schools based on payments? and if so, you sending it him over rapidshare would be illegal, right? Warez?

13. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No it's not warez.. Is that the only thing you can upload on rapid share or something? I mean I guess I could email him it too, but I don't normally email people I'm not dealing with in direct business.

It doesn't have to do with w3schools. It's an eBook that I've had for quite some time now. And I think it would help him out some.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

w3schools provides lots of quality tutorials on their website, free of charge. It's an excellent resource for learning HTML, scripting and various other types of web programming.

15. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use w3schools to learn HTML .It is one of the best sites in my opinion and the most interesting thing is the examples i really enjoy it .

16. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

w3cschools is really is easy, i am also learning HTML from there.

17. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've also learned HTML from w3schools but I've only progressed until CSS. I haven't put to use my knowledge of HTML, XHTML and CSS gained from w3schools yet but who knows, I might be able to put it into good use in the future. At that time, I hope that these aren't obsolete yet.

Hamzo, I also suggest that while learning HTML from w3schools, you should also test your sample HTML codes on a "HTML Code Tester". Just google it, there are a lot of sites offering this tool for free.

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

We've got lots of members learning HTML. I look forward to seeing some very nice websites, created by you all soon. :)

If you have any questions or run into any problems, feel free to ask them in this forum.

19. hamzo

hamzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is really something nice to enter the world of programming step by step and HTML would be the first step for being a pro in programming

20. chrisdina

chrisdina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

joomla is another options for building websites that friendly for newbie