Learning How To Create My First Website (And Web Business)

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by mjturko, Jul 12, 2012.

1. mjturko

mjturko
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a newbie... and I mean na na na na NEWBIE!

I'm starting the process of educating myself about how to become an affiliate marketer. I really don't know a lot about it, but I'm determined to learn.

If there is anyone out there willing to point me in the right direction (information/education), I would be most appreciative!!

Thanks!

Mike

2. Ben Advice

Ben Advice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a variety of ways to become an affiliate marketer, but before you make the step be sure that you fit these requirements:

• Choose something that you love
    • Turn a huge email list into a customer base
    • Realize that affiliate marketing is a lifestyle
    • Offer valuable information for free
    • Understand social media
    These are just some tips needed to become a successful marketer. Gaining the knowledge to be successful can be simple, but following through is where the work takes place.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Judylynn

Judylynn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's great you've made a decision to setup a website. I think you should consider a blog. It's easier to get traffic, especially when you are first starting out. Best of luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First, you have to know what affiliate marketing is : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliate_marketing
    Then try reviewing and learning from these resources as well to expand your knowledge in such type of business:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2025985_become-affiliate-marketer.html
    http://www.technshare.com/become-a-successful-affiliate-marketer/
    http://www.famousbloggers.net/become-affiliate-marketer.html

5. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the first 2 steps that i can recommend is starting a blog , Start writing you like on your blog. then find out your next steps.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

mjturko are you looking for help on the technical or business aspects of setting up your website?

7. falconator

falconator
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is not necessarily true. Don't get me wrong, if you write a new post everyday about things people find interesting then yes you will get traffic. But it can take years to build enough readers and trust to make affiliate marketing with a blog truly profitable. Not to mention a large part of your traffic will always come from spam commenting.

The number one thing you need to know about being an affiliate marketer is that in most cases it takes a LOTS of times and patients to become profitable. I remember when I first started years ago I thought I could just build a couple of free Squidoo lenses or Blogger blogs and in no time I would be rolling in the cash. How naive I was.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble or discourage you, but you need to know that there are a lot of people out there that have the "secret formula" that is guaranteed to make you rich in two days, for a price of course. Do yourself a favor and don't fall for it. There are some good products out there that can help you but most of these are tools not formulas.

If you need some help with your site let me know and I will see what I can do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tHai9

tHai9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For an affliate marketer, what would you blog about? the topic you most interested in? THis is a very interesting topic, looking forward to all the replys too

9. ServerGurus.com

ServerGurus.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse