Learning From The Mistakes Of Others

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Redd, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Experience is the best teacher. Though that certainly is true life is too short for one to learn everything via experience(s).

Since mistakes can be quite costly [literally] both in real life and the business world it would be profitable to learn all you can from the mistakes others have made, know the pitfalls and avoid them and you'll be spared a lot of pain and losses.

If you've seen a business collapse, find out why it happened. Seen a man go bankrupt? Learn from his mistakes lest you find you also find yourself in the same straits.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Learning from other peoples experiences is vital for anybody, either in business or not, but I find that while most people will learn from others, it's people not being willing to learn from their own mistakes that's the biggest problem.

People don't like to admit to it when they get something wrong, and so they'll keep flogging a dead horse, trying to make something work that never will.

There's no shame in admitting you got something wrong and making the necessary changes.

3. Onionman

Onionman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Learning from others' mistakes is vitally important. We don't have enough hours in the day to make all the mistakes ourtselves...

But it's just as important to learn how individuals bounce back. We all make mistakes (if we don't, we simply aren't trying hard enough in life) and it's in those situations that we learn the most about ourselves, not when things are going swimmingly. Learning how people adjust to circumstances can help us adapt to any problems that arise with us.

4. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the reason why if I see a good book or magazine about something related to my interest I do not give it a second thought anymore. I will buy it, I am buying the wisdom and or expertise contained on it which I believe came from reliable sources. The cost I have to pay is nothing compared to hard work that went in to produce that book or magazine