Learn & not remorse

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by silent_thunder, Sep 10, 2008.

1. silent_thunder

silent_thunder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lets say you lose $50 in a new startup that you had just began!!

whenever something really bad like losing $50 happens most of us if not all of us tend to think why is it happening only to me?? what a loser I am??
    This feeling of remorse is not going to help you earn the $50 back, what you lost is lost forever. Then what is the point of sitting in a corner and thinking about the $50 you lost, Yeah thinking about the loss is good if you think about the mistake you made rather than the monetary loss that occured due the mistake.The thinking process should constructive

Analysing the mistake you made will help you in tackling the similar scenarios in future!! So stop feeling guilty and start learning!!!

I am not asking you to think positive all the time its impossible but most of the time

As warren buffet says" I need not do too many rights as long as I dont do too many wrongs"

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When things don't go our way the most important thing is that we can learn something from the experience. It is also important that we don't blame other people or external factors for our losses. Better to ask ourselves what we could have done differently, or how we could have managed our thoughts differently to achieve better results. Thus the negative becomes a positive because of the learning experience.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's normal to feel down if we lost $50 in your business start-up or lose a game that we wanted so much to win. After that, we shouldn't stay down there but pick ourselves up and start all over again. The next time, we should have learned our lesson and not repeat the same mistakes that we did in the past. If there's one thing that we've gained with this loss, it's that we've grown stronger or better.

In some circumstances, especially if the loss is very big, it's good to have a shoulder to cry on. Someone like your spouse, your family, your friends or your mentor can help you get up on your own two feet again. They also give you advice so that you can keep your chin up once more and start all over again.

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like that. It illustrates well that you need to keep a sense of perspective too. Doing one thing wrong when you've done a hundred right yet focusing intently upon the wrong does nothing but rob you of your motivation and self-confidence.

Analyse what happened, learn from it if you can and then let it go. Not the lesson, just the negative feelings you have when you think about it. We all make the best choices we can based upon the information we have at hand and there's no reason to beat yourself up over it. Tomorrow is another day.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

In a recent addition of the Irish version of The Apprentice, Bill Cullen said something along the lines of "I can't tolerate people who don't make mistakes, because they don't make anything" - I'm quoting from memory so the quote is not exact.

I agree with Nazreen that it is important to have a "shoulder to cry on". Someone we can turn to for comfort and inspiration when things go belly up. People like that are what make it all worth while.