Latest Google efforts, which targets blogging network.

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by Avni Shergill, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

2. TheGrandAdmiral

TheGrandAdmiral
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have noticed less traffic to my blogs, even after pinging them. My blog never did have a very high ranking though.

3. samuel0785

samuel0785
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My blog's web traffic is good. There is no change in traffic. You don't have to worry about this if you are following Google webmaster's guidelines.

4. Petko

Petko
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    1st this is my first post so I want to give some heads up here. Big G is not targeting regular blogs like the blog of a site for photography for example or your business blog. They are targeting "blog networks" which sole purpose is to manipulate search engine ranking. Basically those blogs are created to increase your G ranking. Many of those blogs are with high PR like 1 to 8, they are hosted using "seo" hosting on different C class IPs, which is actually a footprint for discovering. Big G is after many so called "link networks" for years - Remember ALN? Also from my experience, their last effort is to de-index random blogs from networks, not the entire one. There are still mechanisms to stay under the radar which blog network owners are using and this service is still working like a charm ;)

@samuel0785 - Following GWG is good, but do not truly believe in everything that Mr Matt Cuts is saying, because most of the time he do not tell anything at all. If you search around, you will find that many many many businesses that are following what big G is saying trough their head of spam team, are suffering from those animal updates.

Hope this was helpful.
    Cheers
    Petko