laptop to tablet

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Maidul, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Maidul

Maidul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have switched from laptop to tablet for about 3 months and am loving it. Had a Dell 13,3' laptop always on my bag to assist me, but even at 1,5Kg it was a hassle to carry it around and rarely used it.
    Since i changed it for a Samsung Note 8 i consider that my productivity has increased. I browse for problem resolutions more often, i show catalogs and hardware solutions more often and quicker to my clients, i am more organized with notes and my back wont hurt as much at the end of the day

The fact of this little machine have full windows allows me to run my ERP'S and several times to open a client MDB or SQL database for troubleshooting.
    Of course his little CPU and 2 GB are slower when compacting or upgrading a 4gb database but honestly that represents abut 5% of the work i do in it. The major downside is when doing a presentation in a reunion the screen is too small to show it to a client, but on that occasions i just bring a 15,6' laptop.

Just wanted to share my experience and to know how much of you did the same call or who are thinking in it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. clickmaster

clickmaster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But I prefer laptops. Tablets doesn't support pc games and all

3. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would pick the laptop for sure. It usually costs as much (or less) than a tablet and can do a whole lot more. For functionality and features, a laptop is still the best choice.

4. alisesdigs

alisesdigs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're using it for browsing, then the tablet might be the better option. However, in my experience using a tablet has been limiting with applications and the mobile versions of websites.

5. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh, I hated the tablet. For business use the notebook/ultrabook series are the best for me so far - not mentioning the flexibility the interfaces give me.

6. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer to use laptop for business. I used tablet for games and some other apps.

7. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmmm, If I'll be just at home, I would really prefer PC/ Laptop, but if travelling and needs to have lighter things, a Tab is really going to be a great stuff..

8. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hope you will pick the good one and decide the best one! Goodluck :D

9. kelly457

kelly457
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A laptop is generally characterized as a mobile personal computer a device on which you can perform all the tasks available on a desktop but in a mobile, light, compact fashion.

Tablets, on the other hand, are currently the pinnacle of mobile technology. They are compact, very lightweight and extremely easy to carry. However, they do not possess the processing power of a laptop.

10. Jamie1

Jamie1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer a tablet, because I cannot work on a laptop. I do all my work on a desktop, but if I am going to be browsing the web while in front of the TV, I would prefer to do that from a tablet rather than a laptop. Tablet is so much faster to load.

11. themark1

themark1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are best but its depend on your uses. for business i suggest laptop n for general use Tab is best.

12. ramsukhsahu

ramsukhsahu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer to use laptop being laptop has more features for software development and business as compared to tablet